Buy a British title. Become a Lord, Laird or Lady lol

SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
edited January 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I saw this on Australian television the other day and did some researching on their site. Basically, through some loophole in landownership law even if you own 1 square foot of say, Scottish land, you are entitled by law to receive the title Lord, Laird, or Lady; to be used legally instead of Mr./Mrs. That's exactly what the website below offers, selling you tiny pieces of land, ranging from 1 square foot for like 50 bucks to 100's of square feet areas (You legally own the land, and can hand it down as well as the title generation to generation lol). I'm thinking about doing it just for the lulz, to have it on my bank cards etc etc. Well actually, the project is more for environmental purposes, to make development on the land pretty much impossible as so many people own bits of the land, but yeah, titles are cool.

http://www.highlandtitles.com/index.asp

You also get a cool certificate thing (The actual legal document of your new title) pack-large.jpg

Comments

• edited January 2011
    Pakistanis sniff cum
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited January 2011
    I wonder what would happen if someone bought enough square feet and built a house?
    Heh! Enough sqft would have to earn the title of "Fresh Prince of Scotland"
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited January 2011
    Why would the mighty Grand Duke known to mere mortals by the name of Rolf lower the status of Rolf by making Rolfself a Laird of Scotland? Rolf asks thou.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited January 2011
    Rolf wrote: »
    Why would the mighty Grand Duke known to mere mortals by the name of Rolf lower the status of Rolf by making Rolfself a Laird of Scotland? Rolf asks thou.
    But you could become King Rolf. "Rolf...King of Scotland" has a nice ring to it...:thumbsup:
  • Mr. MooMr. Moo Acolyte
    edited January 2011
    Hm not to shabby. Would be funny to be legally called lord
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited January 2011
    bornkiller wrote: »
    But you could become King Rolf. "Rolf...King of Scotland" has a nice ring to it...:thumbsup:

Naught but Rolf the First is worthy of the title of King of Rolfhaim, states Rolf.