I got fucking owned.

LordWormLordWorm Regular
edited February 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Well, tonight I decided to take a road trip to a town about 100km away to get some HE supplies and such. I took my dad's car which handles like a beast, and I got a bit carried away, doing 150km/h most of the way. This is particularly risky, since I have a class 7 license and the car doesn't have the insurance plan required for me to legally drive it.

Anyway, on the way back it was dark, and there was this slow piece of shit white car in front of me doing about the speed limit. I was doing about 130 or so, and without even slowing down, I pulled out into the other lane and blew by it. It was then that I realized it was a fucking cop car.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

As soon as I had gone past he turned on the lights and pulled me over. Luckily this moron didn't look over the insurance papers too carefully, because he let me off with a warning. Man was I lucky...

Moral of the story: Pay attention to the road, and FUCK THE POLICE.

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited February 2011
    What's the speed limit? I'd expect you to have lost your license immediately, but I guess he was in a good mood.

Anyways, LOL N!
  • LordWormLordWorm Regular
    edited February 2011
    Speed limit is 100km/h. I'm REALLY lucky to still have my license.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited February 2011
    Well, it's good to see someone from the same province here. Remember to do a full stop when you reach a stop sign :hai:
  • VizierVizier Regular
    edited February 2011
    That's why I seldom drive (besides not owning a godamn car, of course). I'm a cop shit magnet on the street. Hell, they've even stopped me on foot. Good thing he let you off with a warning though; over here we have to either bribe those sons of bitches or learn to run the fuck away.
  • SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
    edited February 2011
    I've been caught speeding twice myself. No chance of just getting a warning though of course. Man I fucking hate hidden speed cameras :mad:
  • edited February 2011
    That's nuts dude, I'm amazed you didn't get a bigger punishment than a warning. Consider yourself lucky! :D
  • edited February 2011
    I've been caught speeding twice myself. No chance of just getting a warning though of course. Man I fucking hate hidden speed cameras :mad:

Thats why the whole "camera" thing is bullshit. It denies the officer the chance to make an informed decision as to whether excessive speed was justified. Sure you might be up against some stony faced prick who hands you the ticket and tells you your rights, but then again it might be some cool guy who happens to be a pig and he sees your "ween" sticker and says, "okay, just for another ween fan, I am going to give you a warning."

Also, it disassociates the charge from the situation. A dozen cars could go by a speed camera at 15kph over the speed limit. All are ticketed. What the hell is someone to do if they find themselves in a row of cars all exceeding the speed limit?

C/O
    "I can't drive 55"
  • edited February 2011
    LordWorm wrote: »
    Anyway, on the way back it was dark, and there was this slow piece of shit white car in front of me doing about the speed limit. I was doing about 130 or so, and without even slowing down, I pulled out into the other lane and blew by it. It was then that I realized it was a fucking cop car.:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
    FUCK THE POLICE.

I sympathize with you for the most part, but you were the one speeding. What else was he supposed to do? It's his job to pull you over.

Let's say it's your job to pump gas. It sucks, nobody appreciates you and you don't really like it. But it's a job, it allows you to pay the bills and go home at night to your family, so you put in your 8 hours every day. Some guy pulls up, you put gas in his car, you each go your separate ways. Simple, straightforward.

Being a cop is the same thing, just a different job. You drive around doing calls, or you give speeding tickets to people who are... (drumroll) ...speeding and breaking the law. That's his job, what else do you expect? You knew you were over the speed limit and you still continued.

I know speed limits suck, I drive 80 miles a day. I speed. I speed all the damn time. I know it's against the law. I know that if a cop catches me, he will give me a $200+ ticket. It will suck if I get a ticket, but I'm certainly not going to throw the blame onto someone else because I think I'm somehow above it. It's called manning up and taking responsibility for your actions.

This whole "FUCK THE POLICE (until I need them!)" attitude is as hypocritical as it is shitty.
    edited February 2011
    Vineman wrote: »
    This whole "FUCK THE POLICE (until I need them!)" attitude is as hypocritical as it is shitty.

I wasn't completely serious about that part, just needed to bitch and moan a bit.
  • edited February 2011
    I wasn't completely serious about that part, just needed to bitch and moan a bit.

That's kind of what I figured, but I felt with the sort of people that come here that it needed saying.
    edited February 2011
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

$138 fine for doing 20km/h over the speed limit IN A FUCKING PASSING LANE.

I'm a broke college student, I can't afford to be fucked in the ass by government on a consistent basis.
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited February 2011
    Once managed to have a ticket reduced from 25mph over down to 19. I had a previously clean record, and I was only 19 over when the state trooper was actually behind me. Meant I was able to get the ticket cleared with the "STAR" class rather than pay 200+ for reckless driving.

He did what he's paid to do. Never held it against him.

However, I was pulled over a few months ago. Didn't really have a reason cited. It was late at night, and 2 cruisers were stopped at one car. One pulled away, got behind me, and stopped me. Didn't get a ticket, but it still pissed me off. It's one thing to stop someone for a legitimate reason, but for boredom is something else completely.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited February 2011
    I got clocked at 164k & the cop gave me a warning because he liked my car. :D
  • edited February 2011
    What the fuck is a km?
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited February 2011
    What the fuck is a km?
    1.6 of them equal the past. :thumbsup: