What grinds your gears Totse?

SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
edited February 2011 in Spurious Generalities
As the thread title suggests, what in life grinds your gears, Totse?

I'll go first: The military grinds my gears. Specifically Western military. I saw a live "breaking news" story this morning on Australian Television, interrupting another news story where one Australian soldier was killed in Afganistan, with another injured as a result (As a result of an IED). This story was complete with a cut to a live press conference hosted by a General of the Australian Defence Force, all dedicated to the tragedy of this single, lone soldiers death. Now I'm sure this sounds insensitive, however I was disgusted and appalled by the story. I couldn't help but think of the thousands of innocent civilians living their daily lives who are killed off in Afghanistan, Iraq etc due to collateral damage and get absolutely no mention in the Australian media and are therefore forgotten and not bothered about. And while this is happening, one measly guy dies over there, who happens to be serving in the military for an obscene pay-check and all of a sudden they care; while Prime Minister Gillard dubs the tragedy a "dark day for Australia". Is it just me or is this world sick and fucked up?!

'shit pisses me off that's all. :angry::angry::angry:

/endrant

Comments

• TSAoDTSAoD Regular
    edited February 2011
    What annoys me is people who use tired references from TV shows.
  • SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
    edited February 2011
    TSAoD wrote: »
    What annoys me is people who use tired references from TV shows.

Pfft get over it
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited February 2011
    Torque an Talk back radio
  • PacoPaco me administrator
    edited February 2011
    Whenever I'm designing some graphic or something and my brain just like shuts off and I can't think of anything to add...
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited February 2011
    people in general
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited February 2011
    What grinds my gears?
    Open Wikipedia and get searching through everything.

Edit -

* People who feel the need to fill their Facebook profile with every single qualification, every single place of work and every language they think they know. I don't give a fuck about your swimming badge, the fact you can say "Guten tag" or worked at Sainsburys, you pedantic asshole.
  • edited February 2011
    "The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin.

Statistics make for boring news.
  • edited February 2011
    People who are computer illiterate and can't even understand the most basic things about a computer system. I can understand it when the people haven't used a computer in their life, but these guys are actually IN my IT class :facepalm:
  • edited February 2011
    Cyclists who run red lights or cycle on footpaths should have their fucking bikes crushed. A 4-year old on a trike next to their pedestrian parent is one thing, some shithead cycling to work on the pavement/sidewalk is another matter.
  • edited February 2011
    As the thread title suggests, what in life grinds your gears, Totse?

I'll go first: The military grinds my gears. Specifically Western military. I saw a live "breaking news" story this morning on Australian Television, interrupting another news story where one Australian soldier was killed in Afganistan, with another injured as a result (As a result of an IED). This story was complete with a cut to a live press conference hosted by a General of the Australian Defence Force, all dedicated to the tragedy of this single, lone soldiers death. Now I'm sure this sounds insensitive, however I was disgusted and appalled by the story. I couldn't help but think of the thousands of innocent civilians living their daily lives who are killed off in Afghanistan, Iraq etc due to collateral damage and get absolutely no mention in the Australian media and are therefore forgotten and not bothered about. And while this is happening, one measly guy dies over there, who happens to be serving in the military for an obscene pay-check and all of a sudden they care; while Prime Minister Gillard dubs the tragedy a "dark day for Australia". Is it just me or is this world sick and fucked up?!

'shit pisses me off that's all. :angry::angry::angry:

/endrant
    All deaths aren't equal to each other. Besides, there are no innocent bystanders in Iraq and Afghanistan, the ones who don't cooperate are sheltering the enemy.
  • edited February 2011
    All deaths aren't equal to each other. Besides, there are no innocent bystanders in Iraq and Afghanistan, the ones who don't cooperate are sheltering the enemy.

Anyone who runs is Al Qaeda, anyone who stands still is well disciplined Al Qaeda.

Right?
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited February 2011
    /endrant

Fuck You.
  • edited February 2011
    Anyone who runs is Al Qaeda, anyone who stands still is well disciplined Al Qaeda.

Right?

Oh, a Full Metal Jacket reference, Isn't Full Metal Jacket that movie about that war that was lost because of leftist politicians?
  • NegrophobeNegrophobe Regular
    edited February 2011
    A woman driver... if I allowed a woman to drive my car, that is. The only excuse for letting a woman drive is so that you (the man) can drink. Having said that, you'd probably still be safer driving drunk or just walking home.
  • DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
    edited February 2011
    LOL at the innocent Muslims. Fuck the so called civilians. as for whop grinds my gears? progressives.
  • JestAJestA Regular
    edited February 2011
    People. Especialy the live kind
  • edited February 2011
    Oh, a Full Metal Jacket reference, Isn't Full Metal Jacket that movie about that war that was lost because of leftist politicians?

No, it's a film about a massively unpopular war that was started by retards and led to the invading nations getting their political asses handed to them by a bunch of poorly-educated peasants with automatic weapons.

Sound familiar?
  • TSAoDTSAoD Regular
    edited February 2011
    People who value animal life over human life.
  • edited February 2011
    No, it's a film about a massively unpopular war that was started by retards and led to the invading nations getting their political asses handed to them by a bunch of poorly-educated peasants with automatic weapons.

Sound familiar?

lolololololol never heard of that war. Are you really so dumb you don't realize we could have ended the Vietnam war with a victory by default if it weren't for leftists and cowards?
    edited February 2011

Sound familiar?

:facepalm:
  • edited February 2011
    lolololololol never heard of that war. Are you really so dumb you don't realize we could have ended the Vietnam war with a victory by default if it weren't for leftists and cowards?

I had no idea that's what obese and spotty American teenagers say when they furiously masturbate over a map of the Middle East, wondering how much Afghani pussy their older brother is going to get over there on deployment[1].

Thanks for uhh... enlightening me.

1) The answer is none, BTW.
    edited February 2011
    I had no idea that's what obese and spotty American teenagers say when they furiously masturbate over a map of the Middle East, wondering how much Afghani pussy their older brother is going to get over there on deployment[1].

Thanks for uhh... enlightening me.

1) The answer is none, BTW.

We lost Vietnam because politicians wouldn't let us fight. They were to concerned with being nice and not killing civilians that they wouldn't allow a real war to be fought. Lyndon Johnson was about the worst president possible to have in war time the idea of fighting a 'limited war" against a ruthless enemy like the vietcong was fucking stupid. Liberals lost that war. This is fact.
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited February 2011
    Rolf wrote: »
    Fuck You.

Rolf finally breaks character.
  • edited February 2011
    We lost Vietnam because politicians wouldn't let us fight. They were to concerned with being nice and not killing civilians that they wouldn't allow a real war to be fought. Lyndon Johnson was about the worst president possible to have in war time the idea of fighting a 'limited war" against a ruthless enemy like the vietcong was fucking stupid. Liberals lost that war. This is fact.

The political price of indiscriminately killing civilians in a country which posed no military threat to America would have been too high. Lyndon Johnson wasn't fucking stupid, not unless you think having the foresight of an overachieving grapefruit is some kind of asset in life.

The same applies to Afghanistan; politically you cannot fight an indistinguishable (from the civilian population) guerilla force on anything resembling equal terms. This is why only a complete shithead with a cock-shaped turd for a brain would invade a country like Afghanistan with a conventional army containing imbedded reporters in a world saturated with communications technology.
  • edited February 2011
    The political price of indiscriminately killing civilians in a country which posed no military threat to America would have been too high. Lyndon Johnson wasn't fucking stupid, not unless you think having the foresight of an overachieving grapefruit is some kind of asset in life.

The same applies to Afghanistan; politically you cannot fight an indistinguishable (from the civilian population) guerilla force on anything resembling equal terms. This is why only a complete shithead with a cock-shaped turd for a brain would invade a country like Afghanistan with a conventional army containing imbedded reporters in a world saturated with communications technology.

Tell that to General "Nigger Jack" Pershing. Yes, his nickname was Nigger Jack, when you leave the sixth grade and take some real history classes you'll learn some interesting things, kid.
  • edited February 2011

Tell that to General "Nigger Jack" Pershing. Yes, his nickname was Nigger Jack, when you leave the sixth grade and take some real history classes you'll learn some interesting things, kid.
    The Philippine–American War, also known as the Philippine War of Independence or the Philippine Insurrection (1899–1902),

Having lots of factual knowledge isn't going to help you any if you can't comprehend basic English and join up a few dots.

Did you ever get any higher than sixth grade?
  • edited February 2011
    Having lots of factual knowledge isn't going to help you any if you can't comprehend basic English and join up a few dots.

Did you ever get any higher than sixth grade?

Please enlighten me, how do reporters help an enemy win a war militarily? They only win it politically, via liberal pussies such as yourself.
  • TheGreenDoctorTheGreenDoctor Regular
    edited February 2011
    Non synchromesh transmissions.