Breaking Into Stock Rooms

LordWormLordWorm Regular
edited February 2011 in Man Cave
Anyone have experience in this area? I'm not planning to do it, but I have this friend who wants access to items that WalMart doesn't typically keep out on the floor. This particular WalMart has proven to be an easy target for lifting - No LP or security, and most of the employees are unobservant old women. There are numerous camera domes, but most of them are probably empty.

I think the easiest approach would be to walk into WalMart a few hours before closing, walk around to the back of the store where the stockroom is, check for activity in the immediate area, then slip into the room and duck behind some boxes. After waiting for the store to close and the last of the employees to leave for the night, my friend would walk out into the stockroom with his maglite, find the items, and throw them into his bag. He would then burst out the emergency exit and make a run for the woods.

Other possible methods all seem to involve physically breaking into the store through either the rear wall of the building or the front entrance, the latter requiring that the hypothetical perpetrator deal with security alarms and possibly motion detectors. However, direct B&E does not require interaction with people, which lowers the probability of being identified.

Any input is appreciated.

Comments

• KatzenklavierKatzenklavier Regular
    edited February 2011
    They likely have motion detectors, so he'll need to sneak in before those are activated. The stock rooms rarely have motion detectors.

Pretty much the way to do this is to have a buddy park a car (stolen plates) in front of the emergency exit. Your friend will be inside loading up with the lightest and most expensive items, items such as iphones. Then once he's got everything book out the door and into the car, them gtfo.

Also, to tell if a dome has a camera shine a 100mW+ green laser into it. Should light it up like a lightbulb.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited February 2011
    Break through the wall to the stockroom.
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited February 2011
    you have wal-marts that still close?
  • LordWormLordWorm Regular
    edited February 2011
    you have wal-marts that still close?

Yeah man, Canada is like the fucking stone age. All of the WalMarts here close before midnight, and most don't even have LP.
  • jamie madroxjamie madrox Sith Lord
    edited February 2011
    LordWorm wrote: »
    Yeah man, Canada is like the fucking stone age. All of the WalMarts here close before midnight, and most don't even have LP.

Fuck. I may have to pay a visit to Canadia sometime.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited February 2011
    Nobody in Canada cares about security.
  • edited February 2011
    If you can get inside without being spotted, then do as you originally planned. Make sure you have a place to take cover though, or else you'll be wandering around the stock room without a hiding place. If you're spotted, make sure it looks as though you're MEANT to be there - act cool, abandon ship and walk out of the back door.

Stock rooms rarely have cameras inside so I wouldn't worry. The emergency exit might be alarmed though, so be aware of that.