Man convicted of murdering 5 children executed in Ohio

Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/07/13/ohio.execution/index.html?hpt=T2
(CNN) -- William Garner, 37, who was convicted of murdering five children in 1992 in Cincinnati, Ohio, was executed by intravenous lethal injection at 10:38 a.m. Tuesday at the Southern Ohio Correctional Facility in Lucasville, Ohio, according to the state's Department of Rehabilitation and Correction.

The execution procedures started at 10 a.m., and 20 minutes later, Garner began receiving a lethal dose of sodium thiopental, according to department spokeswoman Julie Walburn.

When the coroner first came in to examine the body, he saw no signs of life but thought he may have heard a faint heartbeat, Walburn said. She said state protocol required the coroner to wait five more minutes, then re-examine Garner. At that point, the coroner declared the inmate was dead.
How does it take 18 years to execute a motherfucker :confused:

Comments

• 4206942069 Regular
    edited July 2010
    bureaucrats
    :facepalm:

fuck the system, apparently it is more cost effective to have someone server a life sentence than it is to execute them, I've looked into it and found the majority of people who know about such shit agree

pre-enlightenment public English executions ftw, make an example out of the punk
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited July 2010
    Bring back true MF justice.:mad:
    angry_mob_01.gif
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited July 2010
    Whatever happened to "We find you guilty, get in that fucking noose!"?
  • ProtopangraphyProtopangraphy New Arrival
    edited July 2010
    Whatever happened to "the Earth is round"???
  • jatorjator Regular
    edited July 2010
    Executions taking this long to come about is such old news.

But apparently it's necessary to make sure we don't kill the innocent even though every so often one does seem to slip through.

I say we throw em to the lions the second they're convicted. That'll teach those damn child killers! :mad:
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah well if innocent people are getting convicted that's a judicial problem, not a procedural one. Still can't take 18 years to remember they're still feeding this guy salisbury steak at Folsom (only prison in commission I know of lol).
  • VermicideVermicide Regular
    edited July 2010
    Wouldn't normally agree with the death penalty but this has to be one case in which it's fully deserved.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    Public Execution anyone
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited July 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    Public Execution anyone
    OOOOooooHHHhhhh! YeeeesssSSS Paaaaa..leazzzze:cool:
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited July 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    Public Execution anyone

Them videos never get old. ;)

I know I must have seen you in one of them, Dfg.
  • edited July 2010
    42069 wrote: »
    bureaucrats
    :facepalm:

fuck the system, apparently it is more cost effective to have someone server a life sentence than it is to execute them, I've looked into it and found the majority of people who know about such shit agree

pre-enlightenment public English executions ftw, make an example out of the punk

Considering the average prisoner is about >20k a year to feed, clothe, and shelter them. I see a few fluid ounces of poison to be much cheaper.
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    Another death doesn't make up for the original deaths.

However it makes the man that had executed him simply just as much as a murdered that he was. The blood has been spilled and that can't be ignored. Shame that we're still resorting to such barbaric practices in this age. :(

However obviously the man was terrible for the crimes he had committed, but honestly, can we truly attempt to justify the spilling of more blood? As well, would this truly be honoring the Victims that we're slaughtered? Can you truly say that they would have wanted vengeance instead of simply justice against the man that had taken their lives?