Favorite drink?

edited March 2011 in Life
Drinks and cocktails have always been a means of relaxation. Either through the flavors, or the anesthetizing ethanol or by the memories that a particular drink may bring flooding back.

And so I was wondering.. What do the denizens of our forum, Totse, like to drink when they're longing for that perfect relaxation of a drink, be it from the flavors of an old and well crafted bottle, the strength of a shot or the thoughts and experiences associated with your favorite cocktail or brand?

Mine:

Cocktails:
Cuba Libre
Kir Royal
Boilermakers

Beer:
Irish red ale
Pilsner

Champagne/
Sparkling wine:
Spanish Cava

Liquors:
Whiskey
Rum

Comments

• edited March 2011
    Cocktails
    Caipirinha
    Mojito

Beer
    Red beers

Wine
    Spanish reds, Cabernet, Syrah, Chianti

Liquor
    Bourbon
    Rum
  • acid_dropacid_drop Regular
    edited March 2011
    Killians, Whiskey, or Gin. Pretty much how I survive. If I need a cheap beer, then Coors heavy will suffice- however it is not easy to find down here. Favorite cocktail is a whiskey sour if it's not made with that dreadful "sour mix".

I'm not a big wine person unless it comes to cooking.
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited March 2011
    Mixed: anything no more complex than 3 parts and with Rye/sour mash/Irish whiskey. Occasionally I'll spring for a gin & tonic

Beer: O'Dell's Bourbon Barrel Stout, Old Rasputin, Sierra Nevada's Bigfoot barleywine, Wasatch's Polygamy Porter

Straight All the above whiskeys. Decent vodkas, some liqeurs
  • edited March 2011
    Gin and grapefruit juice, my drink of choice back in the acid fuelled punk mayhem that was my life in the early 90's. A good strong one brings back memories a-plenty, most with funny colors and amusing stories attached.

C/O
    "Wooo Hoooo!"