ChaCha, (Working for)

buddhabuddha Regular
edited October 2011 in Life
I know a few of our members here have worked for them,

Well,

How much can you expect to make per hour?

Do they have any kind of schedule?

Is it constant work or a lot of waiting around?

How do you get into the better paying jobs with them?

Whats a typical work session like?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• buddhabuddha Regular
    edited April 2011
  • TraumTraum Regular
    edited April 2011
    I knew a girl who worked for ChaCha for a while. Occasionally they would send her an automated text saying they needed someone on there to answer questions because they were getting backlogged. She would spend 2-3 hours a day just sitting on the computer answering questions. Eventually she got mailed a little prepaid card thing. The money didn't seem like it was all that much at the time. Although she could have made more I'm not sure. All I know was when it was sent to her, there was a little over 30 dollars on it.

From what it seemed like to me, the amount of money you make depends on the number of questions you answer and yer total rating. Rating being how well you answer the questions and how few you skip and pass to another person.
  • Willy WonkaWilly Wonka Acolyte
    edited April 2011
    You make like $0.10 per text you answer, which pop up at random. If you are too slow to respond, the opportunity will be lost to another guide.

You can expect them to pop up anywhere between every 5 minutes, to every 30 seconds. it all depends. there will be peak hours in which you will have a flurry of querys coming in, and they'll let you know when they're swamped.

It's mostly waiting around, and you have I think, two minutes to answer them lest ye be graded poorly by your higher ups.

It's quite boring, because you won't really be able to do anything else while you're waiting for the message to pop up, can't hold a conversation with people via IM when you have to stop abruptly and in the few seconds it takes to type BRB, you've lost your chance to someone else.

When you really think about it, the high speed internet you need will cost more than what you'll be making.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Thanks for the responses.
  • GIGATRON88GIGATRON88 Semo-Regulars
    edited April 2011
    I wish they still had the online chat thing.
  • xyzxyz New Arrival
    edited April 2011
    Dude Mturk is the way to go. While you'll occasionally get really good deals (I just got paid $6 for setting up a dating profile, and didn't even need to supply my phone number or address), you can always get paid at least 10 cents to rewrite sentences, which takes only seconds per hit. That's just as good a deal as with chacha, with no real waiting around. If you're looking to make a full time living off of these sites I would call you a stupid fucking dumbass, but as a supplement while you're a student or just to do on your downtime it's quite nice. I've made $100 now in the past month and just bought a huge ass bag of protein because I'm irresponsible like that.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited April 2011
    xyz wrote: »
    Dude Mturk is the way to go. While you'll occasionally get really good deals (I just got paid $6 for setting up a dating profile, and didn't even need to supply my phone number or address), you can always get paid at least 10 cents to rewrite sentences, which takes only seconds per hit. That's just as good a deal as with chacha, with no real waiting around. If you're looking to make a full time living off of these sites I would call you a stupid fucking dumbass, but as a supplement while you're a student or just to do on your downtime it's quite nice. I've made $100 now in the past month and just bought a huge ass bag of protein because I'm irresponsible like that.

*cough* lurk more*cough*

http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?t=11550
  • xyzxyz New Arrival
    edited April 2011
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited April 2011
    did someone say ChaCha???

• edited October 2011
    You'd be better off trying to find spot work on freelancer doing various things you're half qualified for.