Equality in relationships

fanglekaifanglekai Regular
edited July 2010 in Life
One Evening, a husband and wife were getting all snugly in bed.
The passion was heating up. But then the wife stopped and said:
"I don't feel like it, I just want you to hold me."
The husband says, "WHAT??"
The wife explains that he must not be in tune with her emotional needs as a Woman.
The husband realizes that nothing is going to happen tonight and he might as well deal with it.
So the next day the husband takes her shopping at a big department store. He walks around and has her try on three very expensive outfits.
She can't decide. He tells his wife to take all three of them. Then they go over and get matching shoes worth $200 each. And then they go to the Jewelry Department where she gets a set of diamond earrings.
The wife is so excited. She thinks her husband has flipped out, but she does not care. She goes for the tennis bracelet.
The husband says, "But you don't even play tennis, but OK if you like it then let's get it."
The wife is jumping up and down so excited she cannot even believe what is going on. She says "I am ready to go, lets go to the cash register."
The husband says, "No - no - no, honey we're not going to buy all this stuff." The wife's face goes blank.
"No honey - I just want you to HOLD this stuff for a while, You must not be in tune with my financial needs as a Man."

Discuss.

Comments

• MegaKushMegaKush Regular
    edited July 2010
    great thread, deserves a bump. im pretty high on xanx right now so ill contribute what i can.

yeah women seem to want men to buy them everything in return for sex. pretty fucked up if you ask me, sex isnt worth that at least not to me. not alll couples are like this however but those equal couples are rare
  • GreenbullGreenbull Regular
    edited July 2010
    There needs to be a dominant person in the relationship imo and if it's the woman you're doing it wrong.

In saying that the dominant has more responsility and comes last when it comes to the unit though.
  • thatsMYdogthatsMYdog Regular
    edited July 2010
    Hahaha

Ok girls, if you want him to buy you stuff you better PUT OUT
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    thatsMYdog wrote: »
    Hahaha

Ok girls, if you want him to buy you stuff you better PUT OUT

That's one way of interpreting the story. The other is that aside from it being hilarious, it's showing how women and men need to understand each other. Men want sex. Women, especially girlfriends and wives, need to realize that. Men can reciprocate by doing things women want. Problems arise when needs aren't being met. "Just hold me" makes us feel how you would if you had to "just hold the stuff."
  • AnonymousAnonymous Regular
    edited July 2010
    Relationships are built out of mutual interest and respect for each other thus equality is the main part of a proper relationship.

If you disagree you likely haven't been in a proper relationship that is solely built out of your care, respect and interest in the other person. :o