Play Station Network down

DaGuruDaGuru Mite
edited May 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Many of you probably already know......since Wednesday night/Thursday morning PSN has been offline for whatever problems. Rumors and conspiracy theories abound all over the internet....that Anonymous hacked their shit just because, or it was too much of a deluge with the recent release of Mortal Combat, Portal 2, and SoCom4 all at the same time.

What are your thoughts/theories/gripes, Totse?

Me, I don't know where to lay the blame about who or what caused it....all I know is its been about 34 hours since I've gotten my Crack Ops fix, and I just want someone to make it better. <<<<<< insert tears and desperation here

Boo. Fuckin. Hoo. :(

Comments

• edited April 2011
    lol, wasn't anonymous. Fuck, I hate hearing about that group. It was probably some other error, possibly the one you mentioned about the deluge. Who knows.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited April 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    lol, wasn't anonymous. Fuck, I hate hearing about that group. It was probably some other error, possibly the one you mentioned about the deluge. Who knows.

In this context the Anonymous was the super secret hacking group that has caused problems all over the world. Not the Anonymous 4-Channers conducting raids or whatever other petty kidiocy.

Which Anonymous were you referring to?
  • edited April 2011
    DaGuru wrote: »
    In this context the Anonymous was the super secret hacking group that has caused problems all over the world. Not the Anonymous 4-Channers conducting raids or whatever other petty kidiocy.

Which Anonymous were you referring to?

Oh right, I assumed you meant the channers as I wasn't aware that another, seemingly better Anonymous existed :facepalm: I think I need to catch up on the internets.
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited April 2011
    they should just try turning it off and back on again
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Wasn't PSN attacked before by Anon guys?
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited April 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    Wasn't PSN attacked before by Anon guys?

Yup....many suspect this recent downtime is the "big attack" they were hinting at recently.

A lot of this is a ripple effect on the Geoge Hotz lawsuit...

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2011/04/anonymous-attacks-sony-to-protest-ps3-hacker-lawsuit.ars
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Yup....many suspect this recent downtime is the "big attack" they were hinting at recently.

A lot of this is a ripple effect on the Geoge Hotz lawsuit...

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2011/04/anonymous-attacks-sony-to-protest-ps3-hacker-lawsuit.ars

I honestly support them, SONY has been acting like major dicks. If I wasn't worried about Totse.info getting in trouble over this [SONY is quite powerful] we might be doing something about it, but at this point we can just hope Anon wins this time.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited April 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    I honestly support them, SONY has been acting like major dicks. If I wasn't worried about Totse.info getting in trouble over this [SONY is quite powerful] we might be doing something about it, but at this point we can just hope Anon wins this time.

I'm actually on the fence about this campaign they have against Sony. Sure, people should be able to do what they want with their own hardware or software they've spent their hard earned dollars on... but when they come online and are just outright CHEATING because of boosted systems/hacks/cheater codes, then you are ruining the integrity of the games.

The point being online gaming is a HUGE big business, and a HUGE recreational choice for people of all ages. What percent of the online gaming community are hackers/cheaters? Why should the millions and millions of people that ARE playing the games legitimately have to have their entertainment tainted by such a small fraction of people not playing fairly?

Basically what this boils down to is a small handful of lifeless losers that have to CHEAT to be able to play a fuckin video game go and ruin for everyone else. As someone that does not CHEAT, I can appreciate Sony wanting to maintain integrity and legitimacy within their gaming universe. From a business standpoint as well as just an ethical one.....who the fuck wants to knowingly walk into any arena of competition when their opponent has significant perks/advantages/extra help during their battle?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    I'm actually on the fence about this campaign they have against Sony. Sure, people should be able to do what they want with their own hardware or software they've spent their hard earned dollars on... but when they come online and are just outright CHEATING because of boosted systems/hacks/cheater codes, then you are ruining the integrity of the games.

The point being online gaming is a HUGE big business, and a HUGE recreational choice for people of all ages. What percent of the online gaming community are hackers/cheaters? Why should the millions and millions of people that ARE playing the games legitimately have to have their entertainment tainted by such a small fraction of people not playing fairly?

Basically what this boils down to is a small handful of lifeless losers that have to CHEAT to be able to play a fuckin video game go and ruin for everyone else. As someone that does not CHEAT, I can appreciate Sony wanting to maintain integrity and legitimacy within their gaming universe. From a business standpoint as well as just an ethical one.....who the fuck wants to knowingly walk into any arena of competition when their opponent has significant perks/advantages/extra help during their battle?

I get your point but they killed the Linux scene :(. But still when you look at it, both sides have their reasons.
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited April 2011
    how the fuck could this happen? dont they have any security??
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited April 2011
    :mad: :mad: want to play video games. wuts ur psn id guru?
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited April 2011
    ur psn id guru?

Sorry Moose, I don't shit where I eat....and I'm not willing to divulge that kind of personal information to any Totsean...whether on the boards or privately.

As a hint to just how you might find me if I ever bumped to you out in PSN...there just might be a DaGuru reference in my gamer monicker, and once you hear me chattering on the headset you'll get an even better clue. :thumbsup:

I'm even more efficient/dangerous with verbal communications than I am with text, as I don't have to wait for my hands to complete my thoughts. :cool:
  • edited April 2011
    I've been getting sign-in errors for three fucking days now.

This is horseshit. :mad:

EDIT: Fuck SONY for reacting the way they did to that guy modding his PS3 (This bullshit about companies owning shit after we've bought and payed for it is nonsense and needs to stop.), but couldn't they attack something that didn't just fuck me over?

Oh Christ, SONY has to fix some shit. I haven't played in days, I'll bet that this is costing SONY next to nothing.
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited April 2011
    how could someone manage to hack them?? dont thet have loads of security and shit?
  • edited April 2011
    Pacino wrote: »
    how could someone manage to hack them?? dont thet have loads of security and shit?

Apparently not enough to keep some Anonymous members from assfucking them so badly that their shit's all retarded for 3 days.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
  • edited April 2011
    What the fuck did they do to the PSN?

SONY Isn't even taking guesses at when they'll have it back online anymore :mad:
  • BigHarryDickBigHarryDick Cock Bite
    edited April 2011
    2012 is approaching my friend

2012 is approaching.
  • homeslice4700homeslice4700 Regular
    edited April 2011
    its still down :-(
    edited April 2011
    no shit nukka. PM me your psn id so i can show u how a real totsean plays
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited April 2011
    its up for me
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited April 2011
    its up for me

Stupid troll. :thumbsdown:

Whoa boy, you surrrreeeeeee got me......you made me do an action about 1 hour earlier than I would have done on my own any how. :rolleyes:
  • edited April 2011

Whoa boy, you surrrreeeeeee got me......you made me do an action about 1 hour earlier than I would have done on my own any how. :rolleyes:

LOL y u mad tho?
  • edited April 2011
    how the fuck could this happen? dont they have any security??

Shitty Sony is Shitty, I guess.

I'm down for this... I remember back when i was a kid my dad (a former Electrical Engineer) helped me rig my Game Boy so that it ran off of 2 D-cells.

Aaand after a trip to brazil he bought be a GB game that was "88 games in one"... it was really only 9 or so games, as it was a bootleg, but some of em were awesome, like Contra 3, TMNT 3, Some weird version of super mario bros which was not the original nor any of the others I've played, that battle-tanks game, tetris... Basically it was win.

So yea, I'm fairly pro-fuck-Sony in this case.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited April 2011
    LOL y u mad tho?

I ain't just mad, man.....I'm MUTHA FUCKIN OUTRAGED its been a week since I got to play Black Ops. At about 2 a.m. later tonight it will be exactly a whole fuckin week since I could play Deathmath. :eek:

Mind you, this was just a scant few hours after I had reached level 44, unlocking the G11 and Commando weapon....so I could really start raping the world again after grinding for a week since I prestiged and lost all my gear. :(

Then I wake up Thursday morning to this fuckin mess. :facepalm:

Yeah I'm mad....mad at everyone. Mad at Sony for the feeble security, mad at Anonymous for bringing them down, mad at Pacino for the 45 second tease so early in the morning, mad at the gods themselves for plopping me in this epoch of time instead of some other era where video games didn't exist and I wouldn't have to be addicted to my fix so badly. :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • KraneKrane Regular
    edited April 2011
    It's annoying, in the news reports they just say the PSN is down, they don't mention why sony was attacked.

Though it's probably just a few thousand anon members using LOIC.
  • edited April 2011
    I ain't just mad, man.....I'm MUTHA FUCKIN OUTRAGED its been a week since I got to play Black Ops. At about 2 a.m. later tonight it will be exactly a whole fuckin week since I could play Deathmath. :eek:

Mind you, this was just a scant few hours after I had reached level 44, unlocking the G11 and Commando weapon....so I could really start raping the world again after grinding for a week since I prestiged and lost all my gear. :(

Then I wake up Thursday morning to this fuckin mess. :facepalm:

Yeah I'm mad....mad at everyone. Mad at Sony for the feeble security, mad at Anonymous for bringing them down, mad at Pacino for the 45 second tease so early in the morning, mad at the gods themselves for plopping me in this epoch of time instead of some other era where video games didn't exist and I wouldn't have to be addicted to my fix so badly. :mad: :mad: :mad:

YeahHeMad.png
    Krane wrote: »
    It's annoying, in the news reports they just say the PSN is down, they don't mention why sony was attacked.

Nah, someone actually got in there and fucked things up. You didn't hear that SONY recently mentioned that personal information, including credit card numbers, were exposed and may have been stolen during the attack?

Some people have even filed a class-action against them for not letting their customers know that their information had been jeopardized (Thereby allowing them to cancel their cards or take other precautions.).

Shit's all fucked up.
  • PacinoPacino Regular
    edited April 2011

its up for me, dont b mad :(

id rape you at black ops anyway fuckin nova gas yo ass and you'll be out simple tingz
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited April 2011
    Krane wrote: »

It's not just kiddies. They got a nice amount of PI too.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited May 2011
    Alright, at this point I just gotta ask.....does anyone have any experience on playing any of the Call of Duty games with online multiplayer on the Wii? :facepalm:

Now after 3 full weeks, I've just GOT to get my COD Deathmatch fix in....and I'm not dropping several hundred on an Xbox. :thumbsdown:

I already researched the controls online, obviously it will be a huge bitch compared to a PS3 controller.......and I'm wondering if I did go and buy one of the gun controllers if that would help any?

I feel like a bum scrounging through ashtrays just to find a butt remnant, but at this point Totse.....how "playable" is COD multiplayer on the Wii? :(
    edited May 2011
    never heard of it on the wii, positive or negative, but for damn sure it won't be the same
  • edited May 2011
    During the first couple days, I joked about how this would factor into which console I buy when the new playstations and xboxes come out.

Now it actually will factor into my choice. This is just the longest of a long, long series of outages. PSN has frequent problems, and SONY never rushes to fix the problems. It's nice not having to pay for online gaming, but if my choice is between paying or using (Or not using..) a shitty network, I'll pay.
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited May 2011
    I broke down and finally tried Black Ops online multiplayer with the Wii....and its as bad as one can imagine. The graphics look sloppy, the controls are tedious.....I gave up after about 4 deathmathces.

Only way I can properly describe it is like this....

Imagine you are married to a perfect 10 nymphomaniac. You are out of town on business for a month, horny as hell, and you pick up this skeezer barfly in the lounge. Try to imagine having sex with her with 3 condoms on, she's wearing a snow suit, is only pulling her pants down just enough and barely pushes her panties aside for you to allow penetration. :facepalm:

Thanks. But. No. Thanks. :(
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited May 2011
    PSN is back up for me.....now to watch the Survivor finale and then start owning you all again back out there. :cool:

Good times...good times!!!!
  • DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited May 2011
    Was that black dude an ex fed?

Meh, they had some woman in the audience that vouched for the fact she was in training with him when they were both in school to become feds. She said he was a diligent stupid..... blah, blah, blah. :p

Personally I though the audience, Probst and the rest of the cast were way too easy on him about everything, and the guy he got into the racial argument even "forgave" him. :thumbsdown: