Warning for TheDarkRodent: Posting Personal Information

DfgDfg Admin
edited April 2011 in Infractions
User: TheDarkRodent
Infraction: Posting Personal Information

Administrative Note:
Posting Personal Information

Message to User:
TheDarkRodent, this is an official warning for posting PI. Since this is your first and hopefully last offence you will get a warning. Under the current rules you're not allowed to posts users real names. Although I was a bit late in talking action against this, but the policy is already is in place.

If you don't stop posting PI, you will be banned. Spectral is a totsean like others. Please don't post PI.

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited April 2011
    What PI have I posted? This is bullshit Dfg.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Updated the OP.
    Certain things didn't go according to plan.
    A) I didn't PM the OP and warn him personally.
    B) An official warning was handed out without following the proper code.

In the light of this, both warnings will be removed from users profiles after they expire. However, in the case of FATTY his warning will be removed but he will remain in his limited state mainly because he was given provisional access.
    edited April 2011
    Spectral's real name.

A. That is common knowledge and not PI as you agreed when Dfg posted to that effect. (see http://www.totse.info/bbs/showthread.php?p=173426#post173426)

This is quite the flip flop there GB what is up with that?

B.
    Dfg wrote: »
    Spectral name has been mentioned many times on totse.info. Unless someone posts his address or phone number or CCV information. I am not taking any action.

EDIT; Before everyone goes crazy, I did point out in the start about PI information. Since Spectral and even my picture has been spread all over the Internet, it's not possible to keep restricting it. Hence unless the information is vital like an address or NIC or CCV or other important bits we cannot take action.

I am sorry but at this moment I am not capable of debating this any further. Feel free to make a thread about this and we can chat there later.

Night :)

Anyhow, I am just gonna let this die or do whatever else it wants to do. After all anyone reading this can use logic to see for things as they are.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    That post was before I read over our rules on the subject at the time. And the rules did state that names of Totseans is considered PI, I flipped because I was proven wrong and followed what our written rules were. I don't care about saving face by trying to defend my first point to the death. If I am proved wrong, I will admit it and change my stance. As you can see, that is what happend.

Edit: I also assume that is why dfg changed his stance as well. What is written in Community Rules & FAQ is what we should be basing our decisions on, if it turns out there is a problem with them, the appropriate actions are taken and things get ironed out. TDR, you know this is how things work.

^That, I was wrong when said that and when I was shown that I was doing something against the rule, I tried to fix it. Sorry TDR.
    edited April 2011
    So you say it is OK, someone does it, and then you you take administrative action because you change your mind on the interpretation of the rules. You really should be sorry for that m8. Especially when the action which was warned was not only stated by the admin to be not against the rules but it was stated in the very thread in which the warned action took place. The bottom line here is not rules changes or if PI was released (we all know Spectral's name just like we all know JosephStalin's name. Saying that you are from Pakistan is not PI everyone knows it. PI is what needs to be defined here. If you call it not PI and then turn around and warn someone in the same thread for posting what you just claimed is not PI then there is a bigger problem here then me typing a name know by everyone here.
    edited April 2011
    You know what? Fuck this bull shit...
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    You know what? Fuck this bull shit...

Take a chill pill and relax. It's only a warning and we're trying to comply with the rules. Plus, users real names are PI, and spectral did contest it.
    edited April 2011
    Contest what? That everyone knows his name? Fuck me how is that?
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    Contest what? That everyone knows his name? Fuck me how is that?

Dude, I know his name but again he didn't post it here so it's PI. Same rules apply on Zoklet. Why don't we ask about this in a new thread. Like should Spectral name be considered PI since it's public or used so many times etc?

That will gives us a clear picture mate.
    edited April 2011
    I don't care anymore....
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited April 2011
    Spectral wins again...
    edited April 2011
    ^At least somebody gets what is really going on here.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited April 2011
    This infraction has been reversed.

Reason:
    Warning removed.
    A PM wasn't send, although it's not mandatory in most cases it's part of the protocol.