Firefox 4

duuudeduuude Regular
edited May 2011 in Tech & Games
Anybody tried Firefox 4 yet? I just installed it and so far I'm loving it. I really like having the tabs on top of everything and having the menu options under the Firefox button. I also like having a single button to click for looking at Bookmarks. The App Tab option is sweet too, it helps me to keep my tabs organized. If you haven't already you should give it a try.

Here's the features: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/features/

Comments

• LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited May 2011
    I've installed it twice already, and uninstalled it twice. I can't keep it on my machine for more than a day without it disgusting me. I don't know, maybe it's just the fact Chrome, IE9, and FF4 are all starting to look a like that's pissing me off. The main thing that pisses me off about all 3 is the way they do bookmarks. Opera and Safari (last I checked) still have the old school move/pin a bookmark bar wherever you want and you can choose to have it hide after clicking or have it permanently pinned. I can't get over the fact IE9 has it on the right side then the pin option throws it to the left (WTF!?) and both FF4 and Chrome do this separate page bullshit. I don't want a fucking tab to click and scroll for a bookmark, I want to do it from a menu pinned on the same page.

Something about these browser wars is starting to piss me the fuck off. Like Apple, everyone is now pushing for thinner, lighter, and less bullshit = less features = making customizing a fucking chore, bullshit.

I'm only in my mid-20's and technology is already going too far making me look like an old man. I don't know why but whatever happened to, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"?
  • LordbucketLordbucket Acolyte
    edited May 2011
    LSA King wrote: »
    I'm only in my mid-20's and technology is already going too far making me look like an old man. I don't know why but whatever happened to, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"?

Haha, I feel the same way.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited May 2011
    LSA King wrote: »

lol

Only thing I can't get used to is when right clicking to open a new tab or window.. seems like they switched the order or something. Opening a new tab is the first option and opening to a new window is the second unlike how it was before. So now I'm opening windows all over the place.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited May 2011
    At first, I didn't like how it was going for a clean, minimalist look, but as I used it a bit more I realised I much prefer the extra screen space :D
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited May 2011
    meh. It's an OK browser. It's a little buggy at times and they definitely need to tweak the way the user interacts with the UI.

I personally use Opera on windows and chromium on Linux. Mainly because my windows machines tend to have older hardware.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    I don't use it since it doesn't work with Totse.info and times out. I had to disable HW acceleration otherwise it will flood my VRAM and make browsing a bitch. In short, it's decent if you have a decent system otherwise, it's up to you.
  • AmieAmie Regular
    edited May 2011
    I'm still using Firefox 3.6 and I'm probably gonna keep using that one for a while. It's stable, mature and I'm used to it.

Eventually I'll move to FF4 off course, but at the moment I'm perfectly happy with 3.6.17. Not gonna change a winning horse.
  • edited May 2011
    I've been using FF4 for a little while now and I think it's pretty great. All of my addons are still working, including the important ones like Adblock and Noscript, which is great :D The browsing seems a little faster too, and the memory use is definitely a lot lower. Also like the smaller bars at the top, and the tabs being right at the top definitely helps with this. Overall, pretty sweet if you ask me.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited May 2011
    I have it but don't really like it. The incompatability sucks but I got round that quickly. As for my main hate point, the fact it now looks like Chrome's retarded Cousin annoys me.
    Only up-side is the "Paste and Search" option, saves me pressing "enter" or clicking...but seriously, even that has "lazy shit" connotations that annoy me.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited May 2011
    RemadE wrote: »
    I have it but don't really like it. The incompatability sucks but I got round that quickly. As for my main hate point, the fact it now looks like Chrome's retarded Cousin annoys me.
    Only up-side is the "Paste and Search" option, saves me pressing "enter" or clicking...but seriously, even that has "lazy shit" connotations that annoy me.

LOL. Opera has had that for the past two years that I've been using it. It was one of those features that I thought should be mandatory on all browsers or they get banned from the Internet. Some things should just be default for browsers, but alas it isn't.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2011
    FF4 fucked me up again, it crashed like a pig and ate up memory. Currently trying to find the fucking issue. It's days like these when I wish that FF 2 would be up to standards. FUCKING HELL MOZILLA!

EDIT: It does this whenever I am doing something important, like right now I am trying to link an account to my vimeo account and just fucking hangs.
  • BoxBox Regular
    edited May 2011
    FF4 is really sluggish. Thought it was my OS but when tested on a PC, the results didn't differ. :thumbsup:

Is Chrome any good?