Supplements Supplements Supplements

AlbinoEthiopianAlbinoEthiopian Regular
edited July 2010 in Life
Most of you that lift weights or work out have used supplements or have thought about using them. (I am not talking about steriods or anything simular)
Most of the supplements are bunk and do not work that are being pushed on the market.

I would like to know what you guys are taking, what has worked for you, what hasn't worked, and just general opinions about certain supplements.

Right now i take 100% whey protein, Kre-Alkaline Creatine, and White Flood for my pre-work out. I also take a multi vitamin and Fish Oil daily.

So far i have tried many pre-work outs and i like White Flood better then NO Shotgun, SuperPump 250, Xplode, and Pump Fuel. One of the good things about White Flood is that it does not have creatine in it like many pre-work outs do. That is very important if you cycle off of your creatine and still want to take a pre-work out.

The best basic supplement IMO is feeding your body enough protein, and eating healthy.

So what does Totse Take?

Comments

• Brock SamsonBrock Samson Regular
    edited July 2010
    I take whey, usually 2 scoops a day.

It's not really needed, but it can't hurt.
  • GallowsGallows Regular
    edited July 2010
    The best basic supplement IMO is feeding your body enough protein, and eating healthy.
    This. I don't buy anything other than protein and the occasional cycle of creatine. I'm skeptical about the effectiveness of most supplements currently on the market, including nitric oxide. Now pro-hormones are a different story. But I assume you aren't referring to them.
  • AlbinoEthiopianAlbinoEthiopian Regular
    edited July 2010
    Gallows wrote: »
    This. I don't buy anything other than protein and the occasional cycle of creatine. I'm skeptical about the effectiveness of most supplements currently on the market, including nitric oxide. Now pro-hormones are a different story. But I assume you aren't referring to them.

Yeah pro-hormones and steroids or designer steroids are a totally different story. Most test booster i've heard are junk and do not work, but i have no experience with them. I've never done steroids but i have seen them work on some people. Those fucking stretch marks from growing too fast are gross but if you want to get big fast i guess that is your only option?

I do not see the pros out weigh the cons to use pro-hormones right now.
  • minor69nerminor69ner Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Just protein, creatine, and occasionally NO. You don't need to cycle creatine; it is not a hormone. Once your body reaches a saturation point you can maintain it for weeks by taking a small amount (2 grams a day.) Exercising depletes your creatine stores.
    edited July 2010
    I do not see the pros out weigh the cons to use pro-hormones right now.

Why?
    edited July 2010
    I do not want stress marks. I'm already moody enough and dont want to make it worse. I cant stand acne and especially back acne. I also do not want stress marks. I am making good gains already so i don't need to turn to anything like that right now.
    edited July 2010
    minor69ner wrote: »
    Just protein, creatine, and occasionally NO. You don't need to cycle creatine; it is not a hormone. Once your body reaches a saturation point you can maintain it for weeks by taking a small amount (2 grams a day.) Exercising depletes your creatine stores.

It is also a good thing to reload every 4 weeks if you are taking monohydrate.
    edited July 2010
    I do not want stress marks. I'm already moody enough and dont want to make it worse. I cant stand acne and especially back acne. I also do not want stress marks. I am making good gains already so i don't need to turn to anything like that right now.

Stretch marks are inevitable if you are trying to get big. I got some on my arms while doing a clean bulk when I was still natural. Acne may be the least of your worries. The media just hypes that up. At most you just get one or two big pimples on your back or chest. However, there are always side effects with AAS but different people get different things. Some people's nuts don't shrink at all on testosterone, some do. Some people loose hair; some do not. After about a year your gains will start coming slower, and slower. You can strain your muscles more, or progress with AAS. Your best gains will be: noob gains, rebound gains, and first steroid cycles.
  • JFLC BGJFLC BG Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Stretch marks can be remedied with sunlight and time.
  • TripleDotTripleDot New Arrival
    edited July 2010
    Most of you that lift weights or work out have used supplements or have thought about using them. (I am not talking about steriods or anything simular)
    Most of the supplements are bunk and do not work that are being pushed on the market.

I would like to know what you guys are taking, what has worked for you, what hasn't worked, and just general opinions about certain supplements.

Right now i take 100% whey protein, Kre-Alkaline Creatine, and White Flood for my pre-work out. I also take a multi vitamin and Fish Oil daily.

So far i have tried many pre-work outs and i like White Flood better then NO Shotgun, SuperPump 250, Xplode, and Pump Fuel. One of the good things about White Flood is that it does not have creatine in it like many pre-work outs do. That is very important if you cycle off of your creatine and still want to take a pre-work out.

So what does Totse Take?

I've always wanted to try White Flood. Superpump250 and NOXplode are practically the same thing, IMO. Hemorush by Nutrabolics made me feel like I was on meth, I'm not sure what was in it but I never want to do it again.

As far as proteins go, my favourites are Promasil (for more protein in my diet in general/meal replacement), Nitrotech (For recovery/endurance), or Fighters Food (Very good for total body health). Gold Standard whey from Optimum Nutrition is really good tasting, as far as proteins go.

I currently take a GNC mega men sport multivitamin, a B-100 complex, about 6000 mg's fish oil daily, probiotics, digestive enzymes and Soy Lecitihin capsules everyday.

In the morning/preworkout for energy I take some Hydroxycut Hardcore, some Lipo6X, or some NO3 Overload by CMI (Only preworkout though).

I also add GABA, Kelp, Tyrosine, Melatonin, and a Niacin/inositol caplet (For the GABA), as needed.

And for mixing drinks for recovery etc, I currently have a container of Fighters Food, vitamin c crystals, Powdered Arginine (OMFG this is the grossest tasting stuff in the world), and powdered Inositol (I can't remember why I was given this). I usually end up putting the Arginine into fruit smoothies, as fruit is the only thing that can mask the taste.

I've tried Kre-Alkalyn before, I didn't notice much of a difference in my workout, but it was only a 5 day sample. NaNO Vapour by Muscletech is crap as far as preworkouts go. Muscleprime by Allmax isn't bad, but I find it hard to stomach. Both SizeOn and Superpump250 by Gaspari I've found to be good products, but SizeOne never digests quickly in my stomach. Halfway through a bottle I can just feel it sitting there, not moving. Ick.

Oh right, I've also tried a months supply of Maca before, I noticed nothing from it.

As far as premixed energy/recovery drinks go, Liquid speed and Endorush are the 2 best for energy, and one called Protein rush is (IMHO) the best premixed drink for after a workout. Endorush is also really good if you have a test/exam coming up, to use while you study or during the exam itself. Vinpocetine, Vincamine, and Vinburnine (3 ingredients in it) all help your brain function.
    edited July 2010
    ^^^^

Damn you are on quite the stack there right now.

I got some samples from controlled labs of their purple wrath, and green magnitude, and their berry white flood. So far it seems like a pretty good stack and my recovery is faster.