Good basic margarita

LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
edited June 2011 in Life
I made some margaritas tonight and figured I'd post a very simple but good margarita recipe some of you might want to try out.

I prefer to use a cheap tequila blanco (white) for my margaritas. I know every Mexican restaurant tries to get you to upgrade to a "premium" margarita with Patron or some other "top shelf" brand, but lets face it you are adding so much citrus and acid, ice and salt in many cases you aren't going to be tasting the tequila much so don't waste your money. Patron isn't that great anyway. In my opinion if you are going to buy top shelf liquor you should be drinking the shit straight and actually TASTING the shit you just paid twelve dollars for a shot of.

You will need:

Two oz tequila
1 oz Cointreau or triple sec (orange liqueur)
1 oz Roses Lime Juice
Ice

Pour some Ice in a glass and add the liqour and mix. Drink it. See I told you it was simple. Now, You'll notice I don't blend mine. You are more than welcome to its just not how I like it. I don't want a slushy and an ice cream headache I want a drink. You might also notice I don't salt the rim. Thats because its fucking nasty. I don't know how that shit got started but fuck that shit. If you like to ruin your drinks then wet the rim of your glass and dip it in salt before adding your booze.

There you have it. Simple, but delicious and refreshing.

For a nice twist muddle a few fresh mint leaves with your ice before adding your booze. Its kind of like a mojito/margarita hybrid but it works.

Comments