My Home Studio (WIP)

Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
edited June 2011 in Life
Right now this is a place holder of sorts. I finally have the money to start buying pieces for my home studio for audio production. In conjunction with this I will be releasing some guides on basic audio related stuff.

A few things I have already
-Powerful desktop and 27 inch monitor
-Decent Laptop but that will probably need a ram and hard drive upgrade. I would love a macbook pro, but with windows 7 and the cheap prices with comparable laptops I doubt I will jump ship for a mac.

Heres my plans for the gear for the studio.
-Akai APC 40
-Akai MPK Mini
-Akai LPD8 or Korg NanoPad
-Studio Monitors (not really sold on any one set yet, still doing research)
-New sound card for gigs (still up in the air as well)
-Mixer

The software I will be using are ableton and traktor pro 2

Also getting a few small things like a laptop stand, a trolly for moving and storing the gear in my room, bigger back pack for doing gigs,

My idea for the gear is the mini for synths and drum sequencing, the lpd8/nanopad for extra drums, apc 40 for a few loops, etc. the apc 40, sound car, and mixer are going to be used for playing gigs once I get a comfortable set up with the apc 40 and traktor pro 2. In the future I want to have that routed to Ableton Live. I really like the idea of blurring the lines between producing and djing live at a gig.

Ive gotten my feet wet with djing. Im really into dubstep/drumstep/electronica. Ive done a shitload of mashups and have gotten a fair amount of response from what Ive been doing on soundcloud and on some blogs. Its time for me to take this to the next level and start being more serious about my production quality and producing my own music. I have about 6 months worth of experience and by no means am I a pro. I am learning new things every day and now that school is out for me, my summer is strictly working and music.

As I said earlier I will try and put a few guides out as I progress and learn new things. I am open to all sorts of feedback and will appreciate any help. As much as I want to share my soundcloud with you guys Id like to keep my anonymity

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Good luck to you dude. I've always wanted to get into this scene but I've never had the money :( I love DJing but I can't afford my own decks. I occasionally dabble in a bit of FLStudio and some shitty Virtual DJ program but that's about it. I'll just stick to playing guitar and drums I think.