Bigger Avatars?

LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
edited July 2011 in Help and Suggestions
How about it? Not a ton bigger ,mabye 150x150? Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

Comments

• DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited June 2011
    They are fine the way they are.
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited June 2011
    Ok....I was thinking more along the lines of a coherent response as to why you would or would not want them to be bigger.
  • edited July 2011
    I don't think it would be a good idea. I think that avatars are totally fine how they are. They're small and out of the way, which is what it's meant to be like. Any bigger and they'd get in the way of the content, kinda like images in sigs do. I can't stand going onto some other forum and seeing MASSIVE sigs and avatars everywhere, it's dumb.
  • PsychotogenPsychotogen Regular
    edited July 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    I don't think it would be a good idea. I think that avatars are totally fine how they are. They're small and out of the way, which is what it's meant to be like. Any bigger and they'd get in the way of the content, kinda like images in sigs do. I can't stand going onto some other forum and seeing MASSIVE sigs and avatars everywhere, it's dumb.

This. I don't see why you guys even put avatars in to begin with. Real totse didn't have them. There would have been more of a goatse overload.
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited July 2011
    People like to be able to customize their forum experiences. There is an option to not be able to see avatars so if they bother you why not turn them off? I want a bigger avatar. I'm sure others do as well, what would it hurt? So what if Totse didn't have them, you guys keep saying this isn't a totse clone. Most forums DO have them and they are usually bigger than here. Cause they are a distraction? Well, there aren't any limits on img uploads. Inconsistent much? Just make them a little bit bigger.
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited July 2011
    I like having avatars to customize the forum experience.
    However, I think we'd want to do a trial run before it gets implemented permanently.
    I know some people already have issues with slow loading, and I can only imagine adding larger avatars would bog down the servers that much more.
    If you can, edit this and add a polling option.
    Might help get a better idea of everyone's stance without having to read everything.
    Laziness ftw.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2011
    I think 150x150 is too large for an avatar. It will over do the whole purpose which is to give everyone some sort of visual cue to recognize other posters.