A healthy bitch and moan.

SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
edited July 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I felt like I needed a healthy rant to get the aggression out of my system.

What kind of world do we live in where comparatively dumb people do so well in life while leaving those of average intelligence or above to suffer? (Or I guess - people who follow their interests)

What I mean by this is that as of late, it seems many blokes I knew from high school (complete dumb-asses) are doing so well in life with their simple high paying trade professions allowing them expensive cars, houses, happy love lives etc - while I'm stuck here, a recent University grad (Psychology/Neuroscience) with a shit low paying job and not many prospects. I guess it'll teach me for opting into studying something that interested me, rather than something that would pay higher (This is ironic actually, as it was a stupid move on my part). This might not be the case for most out there, but it is for me, and it pisses me off :angry:. Perhaps I'm just not as smart as I think. Perhaps I should have entered into a crappy trade such as plumbing where I could have been making $100k+AUS ($106USD) instead of half of that. In fact, perhaps it was these dumb-asses from high school who knew exactly how to take advantage of the system in the beginning and did so, and as a result never worked hard during school.

This is my problem with modern day society. Most will work in jobs they never truly have an interest in, and do the same thing their entire working lives, never truly benefiting society or furthering it - simply to make a living.

The same could be said for those that make millions, true.

The whole circumstance is antagonising to say the least.

There are other things I could add to the discussion, but this is just a simple bitch and moan.

Comments

• buddhabuddha Regular
    edited July 2011
    Well you kind of have to be mildly fucking retarded to want to do the same god damn thing day in and day out. Fuck that, I'll stay poor and keep my freedom.
  • LethargicaLethargica Regular
    edited July 2011
    Finally everything is starting to hit some people..

You were sold on the new edition of the american dream: go to school, shuttup and do your work, go to college, get a good job, and retire.

How many people do you think have the same degree as yours? I'm sorry to say this, but you were brainwashed by the school system to think that no matter what you become..you will do well. I'm sorry to say this..but the school system only wants your money..

I don't know what you mean by "dumb" but i am sure they did pretty bad in school...So what? maybe that type of learning doesn't appeal to them? Maybe that's why people chose different routes instead of the average way.. because average way is average pay...but they did something else..and the pay is accordingly..

you may work all your life and be "intelligent" but if you don't know how to work smart..you won't be happy..
    edited July 2011
    did i say something that offended you?
    edited July 2011
    then i guess i haven't offended you enough...but getting a "STFU" means i'm going in the right direction
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited July 2011
    i'll let you scrubs bum some money when im rollin in it