Dealer with a conscience?, wow that's annoying.

edited July 2011 in Man Cave
So I have a local guy I go through when I want to burn $20, he is pretty civilized for someone that deals with small amounts, and I have had no problems with him. Tonight I was feeling a little adventurous, and asked for something else, something I am familiar with, but don't indulge in often. He asked me how much I used, and I said I hadn't for a long time. Long story short, he sold me one thing, but refused to sell me the other, saying; "I only sell that to people with habits, that shit will ruin your life". Well gosh, the stuff he was selling me ruins plenty of lives.

I wasn't too annoyed, and if he wants to roll like that, more power to him. I just didn't expect it from someone in his line of work.

Have you ever asked a dealer for something you knew they had, but been denied because they had a conscience?

C/O

Comments

• DaGuruDaGuru Mite
    edited July 2011
    So I have a local guy I go through when I want to burn $20, he is pretty civilized for someone that deals with small amounts, and I have had no problems with him. Tonight I was feeling a little adventurous, and asked for something else, something I am familiar with, but don't indulge in often. He asked me how much I used, and I said I hadn't for a long time. Long story short, he sold me one thing, but refused to sell me the other, saying; "I only sell that to people with habits, that shit will ruin your life". Well gosh, the stuff he was selling me ruins plenty of lives.

I wasn't too annoyed, and if he wants to roll like that, more power to him. I just didn't expect it from someone in his line of work.

Have you ever asked a dealer for something you knew they had, but been denied because they had a conscience?

C/O

Yeah, imagine that......intelligent human beings with *GASP* morals, and aren't just looking using the world while only looking out for THEMSELVES.

Go follow him around for a couple of days C/O....maybe you'll finally understand what "class" really means. :facepalm:
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited July 2011
    Never met one with a conscience, but maybe he was scared you'd OD and it would be traced back to him. Other than that, all I can suggest is maybe he likes you enough to want to see you sober/succeed (in his eyes). Never met one with a conscience but I would be pissed if they didn't sell me what I came for - at least give the option if you are that opposed.
  • 0000000000 Regular
    edited July 2011
    I have never experienced this, infact in my area people receive texts off of dealers advertising their product whether it be heroin or weed. Also i don't know any dealers on a freindship basis who would take interest in whether i had a habit or not.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited July 2011
    Yeah dude, this ain't pineapple express, he's your dealer not your friend. Tell that mother fucker to cough the shit up.

If that doesn't work, murder him and steal all his shit.
  • waffleswaffles Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    maybe he thought it was a strange request and though to himself "wtf dude always buys soft drugs and now he wants hard drugs" dealers are smarter than you think and this glitch in your pattern could point to the fact the you had been flipped and are trying to roll on him. when cops try to get you to rat out people they want heroin and coke, not weed.
  • edited July 2011
    waffles wrote: »
    maybe he thought it was a strange request and though to himself "wtf dude always buys soft drugs and now he wants hard drugs" dealers are smarter than you think and this glitch in your pattern could point to the fact the you had been flipped and are trying to roll on him. when cops try to get you to rat out people they want heroin and coke, not weed.

He was already selling me hard dope, but I think this might still apply, it would have been a definite break in a pretty long running '$20, once or twice a week' pattern. I had a really hard time getting this guy to trust me in the first place, he is quite paranoid, and rightly so.
    buddha wrote: »
    Yeah dude, this ain't pineapple express, he's your dealer not your friend. Tell that mother fucker to cough the shit up.

If that doesn't work, murder him and steal all his shit.

I thought of flat out telling him to shut up and sell me the dope, but civilized people in his line of work are hard to come by, and if I piss him off I might find myself having to go through one of his middlers again.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited July 2011
    I fucking hate that shit. If your getting into the drug game leave your morals at the door. Its all business. I have a new dealer that plays some weird ass mind games. She will get something new and wants me to try it, offering it as a sample. As soon as I try it she then asks me to cough up money for it. I cant stand that. If it wasnt for free I wouldnt have taken it
  • edited July 2011
    I fucking hate that shit. If your getting into the drug game leave your morals at the door. Its all business. I have a new dealer that plays some weird ass mind games. She will get something new and wants me to try it, offering it as a sample. As soon as I try it she then asks me to cough up money for it. I cant stand that. If it wasnt for free I wouldnt have taken it

Or when someone asks you do do a bit in front of them to make sure you're not a cop, then tries to take it off what you're buying, bullshit!
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited July 2011
    i've gotten free drugs, but it's only when people notice that i'm already fucked up.. which im ok with.
  • Dr. AwkwardDr. Awkward Regular
    edited July 2011
    I've known coke dealers who stop selling to people if they start stealing shit to pay for their habit. Like one guy brought a flatscreen to his apartment to trade for an 8 ball and the dealer was just like "....GTFO".
  • MegaKushMegaKush Regular
    edited July 2011
    lol, they lose profit
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited July 2011
    MegaKush wrote: »
    lol, they lose profit

No they dont, they lose a sale which they will get later anyway.
  • ReboundRebound Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    I've only ever encountered this with some weed dealers. I'd ask them if they by any chance would happen to know where to find other kinds of shit or know someone who does. Their response would usually be something along the lines "That's against my morals bro", "I don't do that shit man" (That's not what I was asking!) or even sometimes something as ridiculous as "Don't fucking ask me about that stuff" like I was wired or something.
    edited July 2011
    dr rocker wrote: »
    No they dont, they lose a sale which they will get later anyway.

yeah, because sales dont come and go with the times
  • AverageAverage Regular
    edited July 2011
    That dealer sounds like a faggot. Maybe he feels bad about ruining someones lives before.
  • ReboundRebound Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    People ruin their own lives.
    edited July 2011