I gots me some food stamps

MorningsideMorningside Regular
edited July 2011 in Spurious Generalities
I get $70 tomorrow, then $200 a month starting next month. I can now safely spend the rest of my money on booze, and UI'm currently getting good and drunk off a 6 pack of Steel.:thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::hai:

Comments

• waffleswaffles Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    lol i filed today.
  • MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited July 2011
    I got that shit expedited. I just filed on tuesday...
  • edited July 2011
    They tried food stamps around here, but a lot of merchants were buying them for twenty or thirty cents on the dollar so the money just went to crack. How does it work there? Are there certain 'certified' grocery stores that take them or can you spend them just about anywhere? How low does your income have to be to qualify?
    edited July 2011
    Pretty much everywhere takes them here, so people often trade for drugs (mostly ice). My friend got calls all the time asking him to trade money for food stamps. The max. income is a little over $1000, but I have no income at all so I get the maximum amount of $200 until I get a job.

also, I dunno if its like this everywhere, but we get a card instead of actual stamps...
  • edited July 2011
    Step one; buy small restaurant.
    Step two; buy drugs, trade drugs for stamps, trade stamps for food.
    Step three;????????????
    Step four; Profit!
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited July 2011
    Step one; buy small restaurant.Step two; buy drugs, trade drugs for stamps, trade stamps for food.Step three;????????????Step four; Profit!
    LoL! Imagine a restaurant making it's earn on nothing but food stamps......sweet! :D
  • MooseKnuckleMooseKnuckle Regular
    edited July 2011
    for broke students, easy to apply. can't get alcohol out here on it.. but it will still get food which i can trade :o:o
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited July 2011
    They tried food stamps around here, but a lot of merchants were buying them for twenty or thirty cents on the dollar so the money just went to crack. How does it work there? Are there certain 'certified' grocery stores that take them or can you spend them just about anywhere? How low does your income have to be to qualify?

In Ohio you can spend them anywhere that sells eligible items that has a VISA/MC merchant account and a machine to swipe your card in. You see Ohio now puts them on credit card style card with a magnetic stripe. That way you can't buy or sell the stamps.
  • CaptainFalconCaptainFalcon Regular
    edited July 2011
    Maybe you guys should get jobs which will make your life less shit and less reliant on the government? Hell, I don't even pay taxes in the USA due to my diplomatic status, but I still care about your unemployment. If you did easy-as-fuck work at a minimum wage place, you'd still get better wages and live shitload better.
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, I kind of agree, I have never had food stamps in 49 years. But I suppose there are some people who really would be fucked without them.
    edited July 2011
    That doesn't stop people from selling them, I assure you.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited July 2011
    fucking entitlements are killing this country
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2011
    bling bling bitches. If you ain't doing everything your power to bring down the economy, government, rape and abuse the government system then you're failing in life. Governments paying me twice to go to college. Ain't worked in over 2 in a half years :D
  • blink182blink182 Acolyte
    edited July 2011
    fucking entitlements are killing this country

If you honestly think that you're fucking retarded. Does the amount of free government giveaways help this country? No. Do some free giveaways help? Yes. Does the amount of money the government spends on this shit result in the massive debt? Not even close. We gives billions to oil companies to keep prices down (and they're still high) and billions more in tax breaks to large corporations. Giving some free shit to poor lazy fucks is nothing.
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited July 2011
    I'm going to apply for food stamps. Shit, I have a job but I'm on my own with a friend and we get by but just barely, and with school coming up my hours at work will get cut and then they'll definitely help.
  • edited July 2011
    blink182 wrote: »
    If you honestly think that you're fucking retarded. Does the amount of free government giveaways help this country? No. Do some free giveaways help? Yes. Does the amount of money the government spends on this shit result in the massive debt? Not even close. We gives billions to oil companies to keep prices down (and they're still high) and billions more in tax breaks to large corporations. Giving some free shit to poor lazy fucks is nothing.

This. Attacking "entitlements" as the cause of our financial woes is what the right does to take attention away from our ridiculous defense spending, low taxes for the wealthy and corporate welfare.

They've got a damn good strategy of dealing with that. First they replace the words "Rich" or "Wealthy" with "Job creators", and then they harp on the idea that welfare creates unemployment. It turns the tables, and now people who buy into it view the richest 1% as the victims of the success-hating government, just trying to make more money so we can all benefit. It'd be really funny if it weren't my country.
  • SpiffSpiff Regular
    edited July 2011
    Trolls trolling trolls trolling trolls... What is this shit? Reddit?
    edited July 2011
    bling bling bitches. If you ain't doing everything your power to bring down the economy, government, rape and abuse the government system then you're failing in life. Governments paying me twice to go to college. Ain't worked in over 2 in a half years
    This.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited July 2011
    Giving some free shit to poor lazy fucks is nothing.
    ^ This.
    It's simply government chump change going around in circles & assisting statistic fixing.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited July 2011

If you dont think its a problem wake up. A whole lot of people in the good ole' us of a think its a right for the government to pay for their shit. Our government shouldn't be apart of any welfare what so ever. Leave it up the people and private corporations who deal with charities and you will see it done 100% better than the mismanaged shit going on today.
  • tachosomozatachosomoza Regular
    edited July 2011
    Awesome. Food stamps are the shit.
  • MasturbatronMasturbatron Regular
    edited July 2011
    How do I go about getting food stamps?

I make about $600/month and I live independently with a friend, we have our own apartment, pay our own bills, blah blah. I'm 19, he's 19. We'll both be starting school in August.

Think I can get 'dem stamps dawg?
  • tachosomozatachosomoza Regular
    edited July 2011
    They look not only at your income, but your cash assets in the bank as well. I don't know what state you're in, but here's a couple of benefit calculators.

http://www.ndhealth.gov/dhs/foodstampcalculator.asp
    http://benefitsplus.cssny.org/benefit-tool/food-stamp-calculator
    edited July 2011
    If you dont think its a problem wake up. A whole lot of people in the good ole' us of a think its a right for the government to pay for their shit. Our government shouldn't be apart of any welfare what so ever. Leave it up the people and private corporations who deal with charities and you will see it done 100% better than the mismanaged shit going on today.

u-mad.jpg
    edited July 2011

^THIS