Gran Turismo 5

Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
edited August 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Anyone totsean play this? Im currently A spec level 22 and b spec level 3 and Im loving it so far! Im a big forza fan but Im really getting into this game. The seasonal races really make everything easy. I mean come on 400k for winning a race? If anyone else plays we should get a friendly race going.

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
    I have heard about GT4 and before that but I never got a chance to play the game. The PS3 platform is pretty expensive in Pakistan. GT5 IMO isn't that good when it comes to graphics. I mean they showed that it would be this and that but when it came out.....

Anyway, I don't play that game but I would love to try it. The only GT game I played was on PS2 and it was awesome.
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Unfortunately not, although I would dearly like to :) I played 3 and 4 on the PS2 when I had it and they were awesome!
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Unfortunately not, although I would dearly like to :) I played 3 and 4 on the PS2 when I had it and they were awesome, even by todays standards they were always top notch (especially the graphics)!
  • AlbinoEthiopianAlbinoEthiopian Regular
    edited August 2011
    Yeah I used to play quite a bit. I haven't played in along time though. I'm a level 26 or 28 or somewhere around there I can't exactly remember. A level 2-3 on B spec. I don't enjoy B spec very much it bores me and the races are so much longer I get uninterested. Once you get the Endurance races it gets retarded and It doesn't appeal to me to race for that long at a time. I'm glad that they changed it so you can stop when you are in a race series and pick back up in the next race when you start the game back up.

I'll race you if you pm me your PSN.
  • edited August 2011
    I seem to remember playing the demo of this game when it was first released, and I didn't really enjoy it that much :( The graphics were alright, but after playing GRID for a few months straight I just wasn't used to the physics engine or the unrealistic damage. I think that GT needs to make better use of damage levels and physics. It's supposed to be a racing simulator but the cars all feel as though they're driving on a skating rink, and they crumple into walls like a paper ball being thrown at someone's head.

I didn't like it very much, and I think I'll just stick to playing Racedriver GRID for now.

On a side note, I really liked Gran Turismo 3: A-Spec. I used to have it on the PS2 and I played it every single day :thumbsup:
  • TheWitchDoctorTheWitchDoctor Regular
    edited August 2011
    I had this from gamefly for a good bit. I really enjoyed the variety it had compared to Forza, such as the go-cart races, and the realism adding things like oil changes. But besides that I preferred Forza more because of the tuning options.

I absolutely loved the Civic Type-R, it was my favorite car in the game. I overheated the tires on every front wheel drive car in the game towards the end of the race though. Anyone else have that problem?
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited August 2011
    Good deal, Im always down for a friendly race. my psn user name is icantaim33. go ahead and add me guise
  • AlbinoEthiopianAlbinoEthiopian Regular
    edited August 2011
    Hmmm... the server would be down right now. :mad: