What's your favorite coffee?

ShadyTrollShadyTroll Regular
edited August 2011 in Life
Mine is Chock Full of Nuts French Roast. Always made in a peculator, fuck drip.

7103800056.jpg

12cupFP.jpg

Comments

• buddhabuddha Regular
    edited August 2011
    Java, Sumatran, or Kona.

You talking cheap nasty shit, than we've been drinking Yuban, used to be Folgers but that shit tastes like dirt., and it isn't very strong.
  • ShadyTrollShadyTroll Regular
    edited August 2011
    There's an independent coffee shop in town I sometimes to go that has the best Swiss Chocolate coffee. I mean just out of this world, amazing taste. I tried Godiva Chocolate Truffle coffee & my God, is it shit. Just awful.

godiva-coffee.jpg?w=190&h=361
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited August 2011
    Jamaican Blue Mountain is good also.
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited August 2011
    Considering how much coffee I drink to get my day started I should be more particular, but I'm really not. I just hit up whatever espresso stand or starbucks and get an americano with an extra shot, iced in the summer. My preferred method of brewing coffee is the french press.
  • Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited August 2011
    Great Value from Walmart.
  • buddhabuddha Regular
    edited August 2011
    ^you know TDR surprisingly that shit isn't to bad.
    edited August 2011
    buddha wrote: »
    ^you know TDR surprisingly that shit isn't to bad.

Well here is the thing. It is just re-branded. Like when I was 28 and took a job for three weeks at the Mrs. Weiss noodle factory. Twice per day they would stop the line and changes the bags on the bagging machine. They started off with Mrs. Weiss bags, changed to Heritage House bags (the store brand for Fisher-Fazio), and finally they changed the bags to the black and white generic type bags. The noodles were never changed. So with most of the items on your grocer's shelves the store brands are a less expensive route to the exact same roduct as name brands.

There are of course a few exceptions such as ketchup, there is Heinz and nothing else.
  • edited August 2011
    Whatever is strong is good for me.
  • edited August 2011
    Well here is the thing. It is just re-branded. Like when I was 28 and took a job for three weeks at the Mrs. Weiss noodle factory. Twice per day they would stop the line and changes the bags on the bagging machine. They started off with Mrs. Weiss bags, changed to Heritage House bags (the store brand for Fisher-Fazio), and finally they changed the bags to the black and white generic type bags. The noodles were never changed. So with most of the items on your grocer's shelves the store brands are a less expensive route to the exact same roduct as name brands.

Very true, I had a friend that worked for a mattress factory, they would do a run of a thousand or so mattresses, then sew different labels onto them for different clients. in the end, the price would vary by as much as 50% for the same product.

I dig Tim Hortons coffee, because they kick you out of Canada if you don't. I also like coffee that has sat on a burner for a long time, I have no taste when it comes to the shit.

C/O
    "more of an amphetamine person myself, but coffee makes for a good enema, ask Marilyn Monroe"
  • RogueEagle91RogueEagle91 Regular
    edited August 2011
    I'm not that particular about it.
    So long as it's drinkable, flavor wise, i'm down.
    Think it's due to friends and family always making mud-style coffee.
    In my experience, though, Starbuck's standard black (whatever they call it) is the worst shit i've ever tasted in my life.
    edited August 2011
    I'm not that particular about it.
    So long as it's drinkable, flavor wise, i'm down.
    Think it's due to friends and family always making mud-style coffee.
    In my experience, though, Starbuck's standard black (whatever they call it) is the worst shit i've ever tasted in my life.

Starbucks coffee tastes like burnt mud filtered through a dirty sweat sock.
    edited August 2011
    I also like coffee that has sat on a burner for a long time, I have no taste when it comes to the shit.

My husband will drink coffee that's been sitting around for awhile. I don't know how he can stand it, it just has a icky taste when it's a few hours old.
    Starbucks coffee tastes like burnt mud filtered through a dirty sweat sock.

Yeah, Starbucks is NASTY. You couldn't pay me to drink that shit.
  • LouisCypherLouisCypher Regular
    edited August 2011
    In Seattle we affectionately refer to them as "charbucks". Thankfully the coffee/cafe culture is so ingrained around here that if you don't want Starcucks , walk across the street and there will be a competitor, usually with better coffee.
  • (nameless one)(nameless one) Regular
    edited August 2011
    Tim Hortons is alright. Though I did learn today that there's no coffee in their French Vanilla (it's a premade powder mix)

I like the Keurig version of Van Haute Columbian blend.
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited August 2011
    Nescafe_Blend_43.jpg

nescafe is pretty much standard here. I like it.
  • BurnBurn Regular
    edited August 2011
    Nescafe_Blend_43.jpg

nescafe is pretty much standard here. I like it.

This.

Also, Moccona Dark Roast. Blackblackblack. Milk is for pussies.
    edited August 2011
    Burn wrote: »
    Milk is for pussies.

:mad: I use milk in my coffee along with Truvia.