Logan Fitzpatrick

edited August 2011 in Spurious Generalities
Today I feel like promoting random independent musicians, and so I think I'll choose this guy - Logan Fitzpatrick, simply because his "Love Song" cover just decided to start playing from my music player. If you want to listen to, or even download his music (for free), check out the following link.

http://loganfitzpatrick.bandcamp.com/track/love-song-cover

I quite like this particular song. It's been covered way too many times to count, but this one is different. That piano and acoustic-y feel to it just gives it a little extra juice. Four Year Strong also did a cover of the song, which you can listen to by checking out this Youtube video below...

And if you want to listen to the original, check this one out!

Out of them all, I've got to admit that I like the Four Year Strong version the best, but that's probably just because that FYS kick ass and seeing them live was one of the best concerts I've ever been to. Amazing band. But, Logan Fitzpatrick's cover is pretty catchy, and I really like what he's done with the track. He's a pretty good musician, he tries hard, and doesn't rely on shitty autotuning or any other fakery like a lot of people do today. Hat's off to this guy, and I hope he continues to make music as he's got the talent to get somewhere with it :thumbsup:

Comments

• duuudeduuude Regular
    edited August 2011
    I think this song is pretty gay but I like the cover by Four Year Strong. I've never heard of them so I'll be sure to check them out and listen to other songs. I don't see why anyone would want to cover this song any other way than how they did, because it's a pretty boring song.
  • edited August 2011
    FYS are pretty damn awesome. Their latest album sounds so much more different compared to the one before that, it's amazing. I like the latest album though, and I think I'm going to listen to it right now!
  • blink182blink182 Acolyte
    edited August 2011
    I heard this song and I decided to download one of their albums.

I'm into faggot shit like this. Just look at my username.

But anyway, that song got old quickly. The rest of the album was complete shit, save for one song, but even that got old quickly. So, no thanks to this shit.

I feel like they have the talent to be good, they just aren't. I'm not saying they should change or go more "br00tal" because then they would end up like those faggots A Day to Remember. But the "softcore" genre is overplayed as hell. Yeah they were really one of the early people to get big off of it, but its boring as hell now.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited August 2011
    I listened to more of Logan Fitzpatrick's music and to me he sounds a lot like Something Corporate. Not my type of music. I noticed he has some really sweet art work though. Anybody going to his tumblr page should check out his stuff.