Does anyone here use Evernote?

BoxBox Regular
edited September 2011 in Tech & Games
I found out about this application some time ago and it seems great. However after doing some researching I learned that there's been several security breaches and testimonials of people claiming that Evernote snoops through their data. Is this application really trustworthy? How secure is a cloud service like Dropbox/Box compared to it?

Comments

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited August 2011
    yeah I've seen it and had a brief play with it. It's OK, i'm not the type of guy who needs this fancy stuff though. my phone has a text editor and i email myself everything.

In terms of security, they have an encryption thing on their client, that they can't even read.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited August 2011
    Yup. Got it on my phone and synced with my 'pootah.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2011
    Used it, it's a great tool but it gets boring after a while. And don't trust these companies, they can and they will snoop your data. Use Encryption.
  • edited August 2011
    I've never used it. I assume it's software which allows you to take notes when you're out and about?

Personally, I use Dropbox for basically everything. If I'm out on the move and I need to take some notes, I can either type them into my phone or take a voice recording or something. I can then email this back to myself, or just stick it onto Dropbox for when I get home later :D
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited August 2011
    trx100 wrote: »
    I've never used it. I assume it's software which allows you to take notes when you're out and about?Personally, I use Dropbox for basically everything. If I'm out on the move and I need to take some notes, I can either type them into my phone or take a voice recording or something. I can then email this back to myself, or just stick it onto Dropbox for when I get home later :D
    http://www.evernote.com/To many bells & whistles for me. :o
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Onenote is the only software I've used, and its pretty good :) plus it has a pretty clear interface and its easy to use from day to day!
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2011
    kamesh wrote: »
    hi thanks for your information i am new to this forum

GTFO bot.
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited September 2011
    Dfg wrote: »
    GTFO bot.
    kamesh is kapeech.