Get Companies to Send You Free Stuff

white88enochianwhite88enochian Regular
edited August 2011 in Life
this is from a article i read on wikihow very interesting. figured id quote it

Choose a product. Peanuts, chocolate, gum or whatever you want.
Locate the phone number, address or Email Address. Listed on most products are 1-800#'s and addresses to let the company know how you feel about the product.
Write a letter or call them. Use that number or address to file a complaint about the product or the machine that distributed the product. (e.g. "I went to use the Pepsi machine and it ate my $2", if that is true, "Now I have no money and no drink.") Be very detailed and sound professional, since a single sentence won't make them want to send you free stuff. Don't be afraid to provide your mailing address. They will need this to send you free stuff.
Wait for your free stuff. Large companies will send you a complimentary replacement product or a voucher that is redeemable for a free product. Some will let you know that they are sending this and others will just take your complaint and send you a voucher.

If you do not have a complaint, write to them telling them how much you wish to try their products and request some free samples. They will often send them to you if you ask politely.

Check out Freebies Sites. Find a site that you like and join their Free Stuff Newsletter. You will get constant updates on new Samples and Offers to try that are available in your own country.

Companies that have been confirmed to send Free Stuff:
Apple
McDonalds
Coke
Laura Secord
Spitz Sunflower Seeds
Duracell
Levis
Wrigley's
Walkers (UK)
Pringles
Tayto Crisps
Cadburys (UK)
Nestle (UK)
Smiths Chips
T Mobile (sim cards)
PEPSI M@X
Wise Snacks
Altoids
Gatorade
Jelly Belly
Turkey Hill
Florida's Natural
Starbucks
Life Saver
First Act
Mars
Candy King (Pick "n" Mix)
Yorkshire Tea
Warburton Bread (UK)
Airheads

If your friends are unsatisfied as well, they can also complain about the same issue and they will get free stuff too.
The company wants to keep you as a customer and will try to make you happy. Don't be irate but try to sound as if you're really unsatisfied with their product. The more they think you are upset about your experience, the more free stuff they will send you.
It is sometimes helpful to be positive! Just by handwriting a letter exclaiming how much you enjoy their product and how superior it is to their rivals' is often rewarded with free product vouchers.
Be sure to be patient, companies often take a while to read and process your letters, and take even longer to send you your free stuff

warning

Don't call in with a complaint from the same address any more than once every 3 months.
If you push too far, you could get in trouble.
Keep in mind that not all companies will do this.
Don't use the same complaint more than once. People will catch on.

http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Companies-to-Send-You-Free-Stuff

heres an experiment i found where some one mailed 100 company's. theres a list of what he wrote and what he got in return

http://www.the39dollarexperiment.com/

by viewing that site you can send a letter to the company you want if you want to get something he got