Indescribable Pain in Left Arm

edited September 2011 in Life
This has happened to me a few times now, and it's one of the most painful things I've actually felt in a long time. The thing is, I really can't describe the type of pain I feel as it's not at all similar to hitting your arm on something, for example. Anyway, I was sitting at my desk yesterday playing TF2, when suddenly the pain struck. It originates in my upper arm, right in the middle and it's so painful that I felt like I was dying for a second or two... and then it stops, just as suddenly as it came on.

Has anyone got any idea what this is? It actually disabled me for a few seconds, I think I died on TF2 :facepalm:

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited September 2011
    I could be you are pinching a nerve from bad ergonomics at your work station. I thought I was having heart trouble about 7 years ago because of pain, throbbing, and numbness in my left arm. It turned out to be a pinched nerve from the way I had my stuff setup at my desk. I lowered the desk by cutting a few inches of off each leg and the problem went away.
  • edited September 2011
    That sounds like a very probable cause actually, because I know for a fact that my setup isn't very good. It's definitely waaaaaay past regular health recommendations, so maybe I should check that out. Heart attack crossed my mind for a second when it was happening, but then I remembered I'm a young and healthy individual. It honestly felt like I was dying though, lol.