Mouse Optimization Guide

1357913579 Death Cog Machine
edited September 2011 in Spurious Generalities
This will hopefully be old news for those of you who consider yourselves good PC gamers.

Follow this guide, you will not regret it. Seriously fucking helpful if you still play the classic quake, doom, unreal tournament 99', or any other extremely fast paced twitch shooter.

http://www.overclock.net/1932377-post1.html

Comments

• DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2011
    Kindly use the Guide: (CMS prefix) for articles etc written for CMS. :)
  • edited September 2011
    Thanks for posting this, I really need to configure my mouse properly. I have an extremely crappy mouse which Thirdrock gave to me - well, he gave me two but the first one broke after a week of intense gaming :D I'm now using an equally shitty PS/2 mouse, but I'm used to it now. I need to buy a gaming mouse, and once I have some money to spare, I think I'll go ahead and buy a good one. I just tried disabling my "enhanced pointer presicion" and it was SO horrible :(
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2011
    Nice guide but I honestly don't find any real issues with my mice. The steps he mentioned, I already do automatically. When playing TF2, my mouse DPI is set to 1600 and I avoid using mouse acceleration in the game. On another note, it's far better to get a decent mouse than start tweaking things.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2011
    I just disabled Enhance precision. My DPI rate dropped to half. At 1600DPI it feels like 800DPI. I am going to keep this a try and report if it improves my gaming.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited September 2011
    I've never really given it any thought.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2011
    Turned the setting back on. I use dual monitors. It's a main in the ass to move my hand around in that fashion.