Just got a tablet PC

PsychotogenPsychotogen Regular
edited September 2011 in Tech & Games
Yeah, I bought a 10" acer tablet with andriod 3.0 its pretty awesome. Theres so many apps. What you guys think about this?

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Android is fucking badass :D So glad you got that instead of an iPad :thumbsup: You should get an application called "Wordfeud" - it's scrabble, me and RemadE play it together. I also recommend Dropbox, Orbot and some other stuff which I'll post in a bit :)
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2011
    That tablet sucks, I hate it. (Damn, I wish I had one :()
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited September 2011
    My touch phone pisses me the fuck off half the time, last thing I could ever see owning is a tablet. Touch screens are so much fail, especially when you're trying to actually do something, like, make a fucking call!? lol

Hope you enjoy it, I just see them as a fad.
  • duuudeduuude Regular
    edited September 2011
    I've never understood those things. What's the point? What can they do that a regular laptop can't? Do they have Droid apps that can't be used on anything else or what?

Idungetit. :confused:
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited September 2011
    duuude wrote:
    I've never understood those things. What's the point? What can they do that a regular laptop can't? Do they have Droid apps that can't be used on anything else or what?

Idungetit. :confused:

They're just more convenient for fucktards who are too lazy to learn about computers.
  • edited September 2011
    Android is a pretty damn good OS, that's the point. Not saying that I'd actually buy a tablet myself, but if I absolutely HAD to, it would be an Android :) OP - have you got any pictures? Maybe some specs and information about this particular model that you can share with us? I'm quite interested to learn more about this now.
  • TheWitchDoctorTheWitchDoctor Regular
    edited September 2011
    I've thought about getting a tablet to lay in bed and surf with because the little screen on my iPod gets annoying, but my internet isn't fast enough to really justify it. I don't know if I'd get one running the Android OS though. My mom has a droid and I can't really say that I like it much.
  • BaconPieBaconPie Regular
    edited September 2011
    What made you go Android over iPad? Every single time I've used an android tablet it's been very frustrating but every time I use an iPad I want to just throw money at the cashier! How smooth is the web browser, maps?
  • PsychotogenPsychotogen Regular
    edited September 2011
    I dont want to lug around my 17" laptop. Thats why I got a tablet. Essentially my laptop is my desktop. (i dont have a desktop)

edit: I went with the android because it has a lot more apps than the Ipad. It was also like a hundred dollars cheaper I've never really liked apple or mac anyway. Everything runs super smooth on it. It lags a little bit if I have more then 3 apps open. But, the touchscreen is awesome. I'm really enjoying exploring all the different apps. So far I've found a metal detector app and the GPS is really great with google maps. Seamless integration. I love it.

Here it is I only payed 399 for it though.
  • BaconPieBaconPie Regular
    edited September 2011
    Here it is I only payed 399 for it though.

You sure, because that runs Windows 7?
  • susansusan Semo-Regulars
    edited September 2011
    LSA King wrote: »
    My touch phone pisses me the fuck off half the time, last thing I could ever see owning is a tablet. Touch screens are so much fail, especially when you're trying to actually do something, like, make a fucking call!? lol

Hope you enjoy it, I just see them as a fad.
    Yeah, I agree with LSA, touch screens are too weak, anyway I don't like it.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited September 2011
    I found out I can get a tablet with 3 months Internet for free. It will cost be around 300 Dollars. BUT it sucks. I would prefer a Laptop over a tablet.
  • keyzeekeyzee Semo-Regulars
    edited September 2011
    once the touch screen is perfected I think most people will wonder how they ever lived with a mouse and keyboard. Too bad tablets right now are just glorified game boys with cheap flash games. If you could do actual computer tasks on a tablet then the world would suddenly start to look a lot like Star-Trek...
  • GoingNowhereGoingNowhere Global Moderator
    edited September 2011
    Well done dude, I wish I had one of those! I dont think the mouse and keyboard will ever disappear, and I do think that Apple have already perfected the touchscreen interface :) I dont know what the attraction is over a laptop, except it is portable and cool looking.

Oh, and Android is awesome :D
  • SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    edited September 2011
    My next purchase is likely going to be a ~100.00 ebook read and a largish android phone.

I'll probably buy an android tablet when they get to the $150.00 price range.