Anyone know where I can find a Hone-O-Drive unit?

PsychlonicPsychlonic Regular
edited September 2011 in Man Cave
Just tossing a line out that I'm looking for one of these units, specifically one that bolts directly to the Ford 9" rear end. Not interested in the universal driveshaft mount version. I've found one on Ebay but the price was for idiots. I've seen them in the $1000 range or even lower in a lot of expired classifieds.

Comments

• dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited September 2011
    Thats some cable operated rather than oil operated overdrive unit - remember reading about them in UK classic car mag - as I remember it said that you were most likely to get one from some one returning a car to standard. Keep an eye on modified car forums.
  • PsychlonicPsychlonic Regular
    edited September 2011
    Yeah I've cast out several threads, mostly on car forums but since I post here too sometimes I figured why not? A lot of them for sale seem to have been installed in a used vehicle they bought and later they found out what it was then put it up for sale. I'd like one so I can run monster rear gears on my project car (something to the tune of 4.55 up to 4.88) but also cruise the highway at decent RPMs. Apparently they could withstand some pretty brutal torque which is good because I put down enough to make my last set of gears explode recently. :( I learned about the Hone-O-Drive while researching rear ends afterwards and decided I had to have one.
  • dr rockerdr rocker Regular
    edited September 2011
    Well, I buy a couple of classics mags a month, if I see one come up in the classifieds, will let you know, but you would have to pay to ship it.