AMD FX 8150 Processor, My i7 2600K is Still Better

DfgDfg Admin
edited October 2011 in Tech & Games
http://www.guru3d.com/article/amd-fx-8150-processor-review/

I was pretty scared and I thought it will blow away the competition, turns out my system build is freaking epic.
i7 2600k OC'ed 4.4Ghz
Asus Z68 with 16GB DDR3
Radeon HD6970

So, yeah I am happy but that doesn't mean the processor sucks.

Comments

• LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited October 2011
    I've been telling AMD fanboys not to expect any breakthroughs from AMD, not now or in the next 5-10 years at the rate that company is organized and functioning. They seriously need some help in the R&D department. They are only managing to be somewhat innovative and ahead of the competition in the graphics department and that's only because they bought ATI and kept a majority of the staff and let it run almost like a separate company. It would be nice to see them competitive again, but at this point Ivy Bridge is on its way expecting to see at least a 20% performance boost per-clock compared to Sandy Bridge. Just read some news regarding this and everyone is saying AMD's only strategy at this point is to add more cores and do little to nothing in the architecture department. They need something revolutionary and the industry support like Intel has.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited October 2011
    ^ I agree, I was honestly worried about this because if this really went ahead as I thought it would, I would be looking at my i7 and saying fuck but it turns out a 4 Core i7 pretty much beats the overclocked processor at some stages and at the default speed it's still pretty good and plus you get the overclock potential. I am glad that I went with Intel. I was looking for a processor for Jugg but I think sticking with Intel would be his best bet and yes AMD need to get their heads out and at least have an edge at something.