licence to punt... A stupid idea by stupid pollies

jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
edited October 2011 in Spurious Generalities

Comments

• Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
    edited October 2011
    What exactly is this guy rallying against?
  • jehsiboijehsiboi Kanga Rump Ranga
    edited October 2011
    it doenst go in depth in this article ... it just the first one i could find that would answer your question

http://www.its-unaustralian.com.au/Who-voted-for-less-privacy.aspx
    edited October 2011
    From what that article says this is total fail. It is just another nail in the coffin of freedom for Australia.
  • edited October 2011
    Ignoring the fact you already have to show identification to enter a licenced premises and have a membership card to enter a registered club the legislation doesnt exist yet.

Nobody knows what will or wont be in it but i doubt that it'll get through.
    edited October 2011
    Ignoring the fact you already have to show identification to enter a licenced premises and have a membership card to enter a registered club the legislation doesnt exist yet.

Really? whens the last time you got carded when walking into a pub? hasnt happened to me in a couple of years and im only 22...
    edited October 2011

jehsiboi wrote: »
    Really? whens the last time you got carded when walking into a pub? hasnt happened to me in a couple of years and im only 22...

^This and I would rather show my ID to a bouncer or a bartender who does not give a shit who I am, is only concerned with when I was born, and will like as not store the information for 30 seconds until it is replaced with something like "Wow, look at the ass on that!" than have it in a permanent government run database.
  • edited October 2011
    A small kinda country pub theres no carding going to happen.

A club in the X, around oxford or CBD they're carding you and many bars scan peoples ID's now to keep a register of the people in that venue on that night.
    Ya know, cause if you got nothing to hide you got nothing to fear.

RSL clubs either make you swipe your members card - or put your id into a thing that scans it and gives you an entry reciept.

I dont worry terribly about it.
    edited October 2011
    The left never worries about peoples privacy either.
    edited October 2011
    A small kinda country pub theres no carding going to happen.

A club in the X, around oxford or CBD they're carding you and many bars scan peoples ID's now to keep a register of the people in that venue on that night.
    Ya know, cause if you got nothing to hide you got nothing to fear.

RSL clubs either make you swipe your members card - or put your id into a thing that scans it and gives you an entry reciept.

I dont worry terribly about it.

i lived in KX for 2 years and hardly got carded anywhere ... except for places like goldfish and bada bing ...

all this is done buy the businesses to insure that liquor licensing cant fuck them if something goes wrong... not to keep track of people, which the government seems to be getting more and more interested in
  • edited October 2011
    "the left"

Some invisible force slowly corrupting and taking over society that one day will keep everyone in place with giant magnets.

Clubs have been taking sign in registers since their inception.

If you want to wear a tinfoil hat think about the possibility that they're using high definition cameras and catching not only the precise details on that card but catching you're every movement and using an experimental program to lip read whatever you talk about, write it down AND THEN READ IT!!!

Pokies are silly anyway; anyone spending time on them wouldnt have any exciting secrets to be hiding.
    jehsiboi wrote: »
    i lived in KX for 2 years and hardly got carded anywhere ... except for places like goldfish and bada bing ...

all this is done buy the businesses to insure that liquor licensing cant fuck them if something goes wrong... not to keep track of people, which the government seems to be getting more and more interested in

I get carded because they need to check exactly how pissed i am.
    Seriously fuck this labor government and putting their fingers in everyone elses pie though.
    edited October 2011
    i agree they are silly :P
  • edited October 2011
    But if i have to be silly i choose 'wheres the gold'
    edited October 2011
    "the left"

Some invisible force slowly corrupting and taking over society that one day will keep everyone in place with giant magnets.

Clubs have been taking sign in registers since their inception.

If you want to wear a tinfoil hat think about the possibility that they're using high definition cameras and catching not only the precise details on that card but catching you're every movement and using an experimental program to lip read whatever you talk about, write it down AND THEN READ IT!!!

Pokies are silly anyway; anyone spending time on them wouldnt have any exciting secrets to be hiding.

I get carded because they need to check exactly how pissed i am.
    Seriously fuck this labor government and putting their fingers in everyone elses pie though.

I was of the suspicion that you were a cheeky little moron, thank you for confirming my assessment.
  • edited October 2011
    I was of the suspicion that you were a cheeky little moron, thank you for confirming my assessment.

Your assessment of me based on a peice of text is flawed.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited October 2011

Might want to learn how to spell piece as well. Thought I should point that out.
    edited October 2011

My assessment of you is based on your sustained course of behavior since you joined this community.
  • edited October 2011
    I was talking about this the other day and recalled some anti pokies spokesperson saying x/10 people know someone or will know someone who will devastate their life and scoffed at it until I recalled that a guy from my high school actually ended up ruining his life with pokies.

The guy managed to rack up 30k worth of debt at 18 years old and %100 of that went through the machines. Pretty tragic; definately set his life back badly - he moved far away after that.
    Might want to learn how to spell piece as well. Thought I should point that out.

It was a quote from this thread where tdr acts as a people skills referee.
    My assessment of you is based on your sustained course of behavior since you joined this community.

Cheeky, maybe.
    Little, No.
    Moron, no.

Thanks for keeping on topic!