It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
Morningside;27993 said:I had an A. Avicularia when I was younger that died for unknown reasons, but I'm talking about my G. Rosea here. It had trouble molting and got stuck in its old skin for a while. It eventually wriggled free but died shortly after. :(
Swamp Junky;28653 said:I'm sorry to hear that. :(My guess is that it was old age, since most G. roseas are wild caught.
Morningside;28700 said:Yeah, I think it was a male, but I'm not sure.
Swamp Junky;28969 said:All tarantulas are venomous, to varying degrees, but none can kill you.
iSoape;29014 said:If I recall zoology correctly... the only two poisonous spiders are the black widow and the brown recluse.Poisonous IS different than venomous, but I forgot for what reasons... I'm more of well rounded type than an expert in a particular phylum. If you can convince SHARP over at Zoklet to come over, he will have the answers.
Swamp Junky;29024 said:I think the difference between the two is that poison has to be ingested and venom works be being injected into the blood stream. That's why you could technically drink venom and not feel the effects.I would send him a message but I never made an account on zoklet. That dude knows his stuff.
Were the palps enlarged and did it try to escape constantly?