iPhone 4S Siri Security Flaw Discovered

juggjugg Regular
edited November 2011 in Tech & Games
Next Time you see one of these lying around keep this in mind.
A security loophole has been discovered in Siri,
the much-touted iPhone 4S voice-control function. Turns out, the default setting for Apple's beloved A.I., is "On." This means that even when your phone is locked, anyone could pick it up, hold down the home button and tell Siri to send texts and emails to your contacts.
Graham Cluley at Sophos' Naked Security blog tested this flaw out on a locked iPhone 4S and was able to send texts and emails using Siri--without ever entering a password.

source

Comments

• TheGreenDoctorTheGreenDoctor Regular
    edited November 2011
    I read an article about this a day or 2 after the launch date. I think it was a review. Not exactly new, but If you weren't paying close attention to Apple, you probably wouldn't have found it that soon. Good information to spread around.
  • RemadERemadE Global Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Jesus...I do wonder why people bother at times with buying Apple products so soon :facepalm: personally I give anything a window of a few months after launch date to fix any bugs etc.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited November 2011
    Thank GOD, I am not a fan of Apple products, not that I can't afford them, it's just that I don't trust them and plus they're a status symbol, something that I would love to avoid.