I made this for dinner, and It was good.
10 slices Italian bread
2 Tablespoons butter, softened (for buttering bread)
1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
1 Tablespoon spicy brown mustard
5 slices Provolone cheese
15 thin slices cooked deli roast beef
1 package frozen French fries
1. Bake French fries according to package directions.
2. Butter one side of each slice of bread. These will be the outside pieces of each sandwich. Place bread buttered side down on a baking pan and set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine the chilies, mayonnaise and mustard.
4. Spread about 1 Tablespoon of the mixture on one (unbuttered) side of each slice of bread.
5. Top one (unbuttered) side of each of five slices of bread with 1 slice of Provolone cheese and 3 slices of beef.
6. Top each sandwich with remaining bread slices.
7. In a skillet sprayed with cooking spray, over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly browned and cheese is melted. Serve with French fries. Makes 5 servings.
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Surprisingly enough the chilies didn't make it very hot.[/FONT]