Warning for MayorofMonkeytown: Rule Infraction

Darth BeaverDarth Beaver Meine Ehre heißt Treue
edited November 2011 in Infractions
Post: Could have pickpocketed an iPhone today. What would you have done? Tips welcome.
User: MayorofMonkeytown
Infraction: Rule Infraction

Administrative Note:
Flaming

Message to User:
Go start your flame wars elsewhere. You were told to stop the drama. If you want to disagree with people that is one thing but when you make it a personal attack on another person that you know nothing about that is flaming. This is your final warning before you are permanently banned from this site.

Original Post:
Paco wrote: »
My opinion about spoiled kids is pretty biased because I go to school with a bunch of spoiled brats who get the best phones, laptops, cars, etc etc from their parents. Some kid in my school got a brand new 2011 Toyota Corolla. She totaled the thing. Two weeks later, she had a new Camry. I see kids with brand new iPhone 4S's who really could care less about how much it cost because their parents buy them everything they want. I personally wasn't brought up like that. The only reason I have an iPhone 3g is because I bought it myself. And if my parents were to buy me a nice laptop, which they won't, I'd be lucky to get them to go half on my macbook, I wouldn't leave it around, It would be in my bag which I would watch like a hawk or in my hands/on my lap in use, because I don't get nice things very often.

I'm not trying to hassle you; but you are clearly jealous and somewhat mad. And why not.
You're getting your chops busted over a 3G and they're handed a 4s - and writing off a car generally has severe consequences, but hey heres a new one!

Being in that environment would easily lead one to be both jealous and frustrated that the percieved rules of society dont apply. My advice would be keep getting as much perspective as you can.

One thing I really really love is seeing inefficient businesses fail; from the cafe that gave shit customer service to the massive bank that was shorting their own customers investments. If these people are shitting out their money on new shit and breaking it everyday they wont have it for too much longer. Its not soon after someone forgets the value of a dollar that they stop having any - and unless these kids can match their parents earning potentials they're going to be suffering later on.

It'd be fucking baller to get a fresh car every time i wrote one off and a new iphone every time they came out - and realistically the only thing that stops those things happening is myself.

If you want nice shit go out and get it; theres more corollas and iphones in the world than every before in history and more made every minute. If you have enough brain cells to rub together these things can easily be yours. Really really easily.
I wouldn't leave it around, It would be in my bag which I would watch like a hawk or in my hands/on my lap in use.... I would definitely say I earned it if I stole it right out of the girl's pocket. That's not always simple work my friend.

So your going to constantly have it strapped to your body? Watching like a hawk. Sounds like a great way to enjoy yourself.

If you left it at home and somebody broke into your house and stole it would you smile and say "Wow that junkie really earnt that macbook - I hope he enjoys it as much as I did!".
If you caught a guy trying to get it out of your backpack would you grin and say "Awwww nice try buddy but i caught you! Maybe try threatening me with a knife for it?"
Pick pocketing is like punching someone in the dark.

And dont start on any 'honour among thieves' code about how pick pocketing is superior to burgulary because its the same shit.