Sub Forums?

Icee WeinerIcee Weiner Regular
edited July 2010 in Help and Suggestions
They had them on zoklet and I thought it was kinda nice. It kept the forums a lot more tidy for lack of a better word. I think they should be used

Comments

• ILTST9ILTST9 Regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm against sub forums because they are less visible than forums, causing them to get less activity. I hardly ever see an active sub forum on any site. Maybe when we get as big as the old Totse. Until then make it a normal forum.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    Sub forums suck. They're hidden, and they are annoying to get to because you can't just click on them. I prefer to keep the totse look.
  • LuxJigabooLuxJigaboo Regular
    edited July 2010
    The only sub forums that we need now are "I Need To Find It On The Web" and "Flesh Art" below "I Found It On The Web" because they were on totse originally.
  • edited July 2010
    fanglekai wrote: »
    Sub forums suck. They're hidden, and they are annoying to get to because you can't just click on them. I prefer to keep the totse look.

This. Subforums, in my experience, never get used.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited July 2010
    Sub Forums are bitch to work with especially if you plan to get traffic. They did work for LOL, Internet and helped me organize that section but we should only use them when required. Prefixes can be used instead of Sub forums and we can also have the Archived prefix as well.

Lets avoid dividing the sections for now. Thanks for the input OP.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited July 2010
    I concur. Everywhere I go Sub-Forums are never my first, second, or even third place I'd go to when I want to find or ask something even though that section itself may be more relevant toward the question.

People just naturally don't go to them and aren't attracted to their presense. Not to mention it can be much more of a hassle with Sub-Forums having to follow the original forums rules which then have to follow the global forum rules. Each forum should stand alone as its own temple and if the temple can't stand then let it fall down.
  • da teachada teacha Regular
    edited July 2010
    Subforums are fucking shit.

If a forum is too busy, and one topic is overly dominating conversation, then simply make another whole forum.

If it isn't too busy, keep it as it is: no need making the subtopic hard to reach, and watering down the forum's content and audience.

Too many idiots here who want to overcomplicate things with little twerks and features. All we need is a place to exchange information ffs.