Post Your Gear

Icee WeinerIcee Weiner Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
I'll get things started here:
img017.jpg

It's a '98 Epiphone Les Paul. Very nice guitar. There's a few things wrong with it though. The volume knob isn't working properly. So I need to bring it into a music store and get that worked out. Also tends to go out of tune often. Only on the G String though. Other then that it sounds absolutely fantastic.

The amp is a Fender Princeton Chorus. Again, it sounds great with the guitar. I'm not sure what year it is because it was given to me as a hand me down I guess. Who would've thought that an Epiphone and a Fender would sound so great together?

Anyway, post your gear, talk about it a little bit, and give your opinion on everyone else's gear.

Comments

• jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited July 2010
    Cuerpo_de_Epiphone_Les_Paul_Special-II_HS.jpg

Not the greatest but it will do for now. I'm only a beginner.
  • Caramello KoalaCaramello Koala Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    Who would've thought that an Epiphone and a Fender would sound so great together?

Anyway, post your gear, talk about it a little bit, and give your opinion on everyone else's gear.

Nice looking guitar, the tuning problem is most likely your nut, bring your guitar to a good tech and they'll either file the slots or replace the nut altogether. When I brought my Epiphone ES335 into my local tech they had to replace the nut all together as it fell off while they were adjusting it!

It's no surprise to me that an Epiphone guitar would sound good with a Fender amp, a common misconception amongst guitarists is that Fender amps are designed to only sound good with Fender guitars, I think Gibsons sound better through Fender Amps than Fenders do, and so did a lot of guitarists such as Eric Clapton, Josh Homme and John Cippolina just to name a few. And seeing as how these days Epiphone is just a cheaper alternatice toGibson, the same would apply there. You should upgrade your amp to a nice Fender tube amp though, the sound of the solid state Fender amps like the Princeton Chorus don't hold a candle to that of Fender Twin Reverb.

Some pictures of my gear (not including pedals):

image012jy.jpg
    image056z.jpg
    image086j.jpg
    image119w.jpg
    p1020447y.jpg
    p1020455w.jpg
    p1020458.jpg
    p1020472k.jpg
    p1020473xr.jpg
  • StaplesStaples Regular
    edited July 2010
    jg1jrs.jpg
    2rfq7ht.jpg

oops.. that is pretty much all my 'good' gear, I have several other instruments that are old/broken but i love to death, especially a Yamaha psr-18 keyboard and some basses and a spanish guitar missing the tuning knobs..

anyway i was impressed and somewhat jealous of the gear posted so far, I am using:

-a tele squire (was my first and only guitar so far)
    -A ts9dx 4x2 keeley mod
    -an old cs-9 chorus pedal
    -a peavey valveking amp
    -a rotary speaker