Have you ever,

Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
edited July 2010 in Spurious Generalities
seen this movie?

It's probably one of the better kung fu flicks out; I believe it is some of Gordon Liu's best work. Made by the famous Shaw Brothers in 1978, it chronicles a young ethics student's journey from his small Chinese village to the Shaolin temple in the Wu-Tang mountains. There he undergoes training in the 36 chambers of Shaolin Buddhist kung fu, becoming a master. He also invents the sectioned staff, that's a pretty cool scene :o whacks his sifu with it a few times.

Comments

• Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited July 2010
    seen this movie?

It's probably one of the better kung fu flicks out; I believe it is some of Gordon Liu's best work. Made by the famous Shaw Brothers in 1978, it chronicles a young ethics student's journey from his small Chinese village to the Shaolin temple in the Wu-Tang mountains. There he undergoes training in the 36 chambers of Shaolin Buddhist kung fu, becoming a master. He also invents the sectioned staff, that's a pretty cool scene :o whacks his sifu with it a few times.

Wu Tang sampled from this movie like a thousand times. there is some awesome fighting scenes in this movie. Have you seen the sequel its actually pretty dope. If you like this movie you should watch this.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    I'll show you watching that :mad:

Well I have downloads lined up but in like a week I will download that 320px-SMirC-thumbsup.jpg good hook-up. 'N yea I think Wu-Tang samples from every kung fu movie that inspired them, a lot of em have names taken from these flicks, 36 Chambers official name is Master Killer.
  • Gary OakGary Oak Regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't know if you've seen The Killer or Hardboiled but those would definitely be worth your time. The first sample from Incarcerated Scarfaces is from The Killer. In general, those early Chow-Yun Fat movies are fucking awesome.