My System Casing

DfgDfg Admin
edited May 2012 in Tech & Games
I have been using an Asus Vento casing since I upgraded my computer to a P4 3.2Ghz HT. I guess it was from 2010 or 2011, I can't really recall the exact year. I do have the receipt for it. After tons of modification my case looked like this:
fortdr%20%282%29.JPG

Granted it doesn't look super but in this casing, you will find an OC'ed i7 2600k and an Asus P8Z68 Deluxe motherboard and 4 HDD's.

The air flow is quite simple, basically since the temperature here reaches 110+F in summer it's necessary to have as much air flow as possible. I went with the open case approarch and targetted the system component directly. The end result was a decently cool system but I had trouble keeping the dust away and the casing wasn't ideal for such a setup. SLI/Crossfire would be a bitch and I couldn't stuff more HDD in it. Clearly I needed a better Case which can at least make my system look presentable.

In April 2012 I bought Antec 600 Series casing. It's a mid tower case that can hold 6 HDD's I wanted 8 HDD's but for now that would do. It wasn't that expensive but and it looks fantastic.
mycasing%20%281%29.JPG
mycasing%20%282%29.JPG
mycasing%20%283%29.JPG
mycasing%20%284%29.JPG
mycasing%20%285%29.JPG

It has 5 cooling fans, the Casing came with only two, I added the three later. They're from Cooler Master, one targets the GPU the two in the front direct fresh air into the case and the two exhaust fans (top and back) filter the warm air. The total setup keeps the system running and the dust filters really help me out.

Although this setup isn't ideal for pushing the OC settings but I am still using a stable 4.4 OC on the i7 even in this heat. Here are the temps:
temps.jpg

Granted they're a bit high but my room temperature is close to 36-38C at night and 42+C in the day. So, that's expected.

I am still tweaking the case and trying to make it much cooler but I am really happy that I ditched my old casing and bought the new one.

Comments

• bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    edited May 2012
    Fuck me bro! No wonder you were suffering with power cuts.

fortdr%20%282%29.JPG

This thing must have more fans than juistin bieber....:eek:
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited May 2012
    bornkiller wrote: »
    Fuck me bro! No wonder you were suffering with power cuts.

fortdr%20%282%29.JPG

This thing must have more fans than juistin bieber....:eek:
    That really made me lol hard. HAHAH!
  • edited May 2012
    Niiiiiice. I might be building a new machine over the summer, so I'll be sure to get some pictures. I'm sure you've all seen pictures of my current computer, full of fans :D The new one will be a mid-range build, plain black casing and whatnot. Keeping it simple!