isent this against the law

white88enochianwhite88enochian Regular
edited May 2012 in Tech & Games
http://www.wifirobin.com/ it would be nice if it actualy worked to bad its a scam

Comments

• edited May 2012
    WiFi Decoder is a powerful 1000 MW Long Range USB WiFi Adapter that can access WiFi connections up to 2 km away!

It's probably a typo, but doesn't this say 1000 MEGAwatts? It's more likely to be mW, or milliwatts. I myself OWN a 1000mW USB wireless adapter with a 5dBi antenna, and there's no way in hell it reaches 2 kilometers away. It's got a great range, but definitely not 2km.

Basically, this tool is an automatic version of any other WEP cracking software such as Aircrack-ng. This device only cracks WEP keys, so no WPA/WPA2 cracking functionality is included. You'd need wordlists for that anyway. That in itself significantly reduces the number of networks you'd actually be able to use. Because this tool is automated, there's a good chance it won't work a lot of the time. When using conventional WEP cracking tools such as the Aircrack suite, you have to specify a lot of options and flags in order for you to be able to even have a hope in cracking the key. This tool is automated, so these options and flags will not be available which would again significantly reduce the likelihood of cracking a WEP key.
    Best of all it can also decode, hack, crack, unlock and reveal the passwords of most of the secured connections.

WRONG. The most secure connections would be along the lines of 64 character WPA2 passphrases composed of random letters, numbers and symbols. This device cracks WEP keys. WEP is the shittiest protection method ever, and can be cracked in under a second (trust me, I've done it plenty of times).

Oh and yes - it's illegal to crack other people's wireless networks without their written consent. It's especially illegal to use the internet service that they're paying for! If they know what they're doing, they WILL know that you're on their network and unless you've taken some good safety precautions prior to connecting (MAC spoofing, etc) then you can still be caught.

TL;DR - Waste of money, crack your own networks instead of relying on a crappy tool to do it for you.
  • DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited May 2012
    trx100 wrote: »
    It's probably a typo, but doesn't this say 1000 MEGAwatts?

Fuck that must be one bad ass WiFi adaptor ;). You would need a large power plant just to run the thing.
  • SpinsterSpinster Regular
    edited May 2012
  • edited May 2012
    So yeah, as far as I'm concerned this thread can shit all over that so-called wireless cracker as it's a complete scam. If you're reading this, don't waste your money!