Built to Kill - Amazing Wildlife Photo Series

SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
edited July 2010 in Life
For those interested in Wildlife photography and perhaps even those that aren't. I thought these photos were quite awesome. Check out the link to see them all.

http://richworks.in/2010/06/built-to-kill-40-breathtaking-closeup-photographs-of-animals/

diving-tiger_3629_990x742.jpg
26306.jpg
28438.jpg
27613.jpg
25047.jpg
27913.jpg
33797.jpg
22181.jpg
23145.jpg
25709.jpg

Comments

• brandonbrandon Regular
    edited July 2010
    THE LAST 1 IS A GECKO LIKING HIMSELF!!!!! LOL!! :o:o:o:o:o
  • MegalodonMegalodon Regular
    edited July 2010
    He did it just for you lol

These are incredible photos.
  • edited July 2010
    Seriously, I strive to attain photos like that. The focus was great on all but the leopard-mid run. Seriously, that kinda photography takes the reflexes of a cheetah.
    edited July 2010
    Seriously, I strive to attain photos like that. The focus was great on all but the leopard-mid run. Seriously, that kinda photography takes the reflexes of a cheetah.

Go to the link he showed, a lot of them look like they are photo-shopped or something. Seriously there's even one with a snake and like all solid green background except for what looks like hand-drawn grass. Wouldn't surprise me if they just added a blur to that leopard run and added a layer mask to it or something you know.

71.jpg
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited July 2010
    Crickey. This just inspired me to take some high quality pics of my emperor scorpion. Consequences will never be the same.
  • edited July 2010
    Megalodon wrote: »
    Go to the link he showed, a lot of them look like they are photo-shopped or something. Seriously there's even one with a snake and like all solid green background except for what looks like hand-drawn grass. Wouldn't surprise me if they just added a blur to that leopard run and added a layer mask to it or something you know.

71.jpg

Regardless of the modifications to the lighting, background, coloration, etc. via photoshop it still takes skill to get a good shot in real time. That's why I'm spending the money on a DSLR when I can.

Canon EOS 7D Anyways, thanks for the links OP. Seriously.
    edited July 2010
    Regardless of the modifications to the lighting, background, coloration, etc. via photoshop it still takes skill to get a good shot in real time. That's why I'm spending the money on a DSLR when I can.

Canon EOS 7D Anyways, thanks for the links OP. Seriously.

jesus christ, 1700 for a fucking camera!
  • SilosighbinSilosighbin Regular
    edited July 2010

71.jpg

That grass just looks blurry due to being out of focus I think. But I don't think it would phase me if it was touched up a bit in Photoshop to look a bit cooler. Does that really matter?
    edited July 2010
    That grass just looks blurry due to being out of focus I think.

Yeah probably, but what's up with the solid green background....
  • edited July 2010
    jesus christ, 1700 for a fucking camera!

You can find fair DLSR's for roughly $600 look the Nikon D80