Cannabis in Corn [Published]

Dose MeDose Me Regular
edited September 2011 in Man Cave
So this got lost about a week after I originally typed it. I was high and forgot to save it to my computer so what lessoned learned. Now please allow me to learn you a lesson. About cannabis and corn.

Yeah a lot of us live around large fields of corn. Vast ranges of agriculture. Have you ever thought that maybe this land that was chosen for it's cultivatable qualities could be used to grow cannabis for you?

Well guess what. Corn and cannabis happen to love eachother. Sure you're going to fuck up a little patch of some farmers corn but they grow TONS of that shit and honestly you can get TRASHBAGS of weed for FREE.

DO NOT TAKE THE HIGHER MORAL GROUND DUUUUDE.

===================================================

Why should I grow cannabis in corn?

-It's safe. Nobody goes in corn fields.
-Good ventilation/airation
-Fertile Soil

Cons:
Lose weed to harvest/passing deer

That's really it...obviously the good outweigh the risks.

Items:

*It is recommended you use female clones or feminzed seed for your startlings. If you do not you will need to make an additional trip out to your patch to eradicate the males. You will also be clearing corn and doing backbreaking work for males so if you can ensure your crop will be women. Otherwise work with what you got bagseed is good seed too.

(The shit you neeeed for site prep/the plant)

Shovel
Plants (You need to get them started before you put them out there)
Water (1 gallon per plant you intend on planting)

Optional:
GPS

(The shit you neeeed for site harvest)

Pruners/Clippers (Something to cut the stems
Saw (not kidding, you just might need one don't get stuck without one)
Trashbags (You can't bring too many you have no idea how much you might have to haul back)

Picking your field

*Take in mind that you know the fields where you live far better than I do. Not all of this advice is necessary for a successful grow. If you know a field that doesn't meet this standards and feel like you can pull it off by all means do not let my advice be a hindrance. Just go out and grow it man.

You want to pick your fields early. It really helps if you know the fields around you. Have a few good secluded ones. Secluded in this case means fields with no roads around them. Fields that are only accessible by tractor and foot are the best. If there it's on a road that is low to medium traffic you should be fine but only operate at night on these roads. Operating at night is more difficult imo but it is absolutely and without doubt the safest.

Make sure your field choices are thick and wide. Take topography into account. If a house is sitting high up on a hill overlooking your field it may be easy for people standing on a porch or whatever to see a hole in the corn's pattern.

-Picking your site

Avoid tractor rutts. If you do it right you wont have any weed there at all when a tractor goes through.

You've got your field. You want to pick a site as close to the middle of the field as possible. You CAN put multiple sites in the same field if it's big enough but don't put all your eggs in one basket.

Pick an object on the outside of the field for example a tree or something. You can mark the tree with a thumbtack or a cut or something. Any object that will not move will be good. Now stand near that object and face the field in the direction you want to go.

COUNT THE ROWS AS YOU WALK IN. REMEMBER THIS NUMBER. REMEMBER THE OBJECT.

This is how you will find your way back. It should not be hard for you to remember where you planted your pot (at least for me it isn't). Count the rows every time you walk in and out just keep it fresh.

OR you could use a GPS. Simple hand-held GPS devices (not the driving ones) can be used. You can save the coordinates of your patches in the GPS and they can be called up later instantly with the push of a button. If you can get one this is recommended as you can choose completely random patches and never have to rely on any sort of marking/trail system that anyone else may stumble upon.

The Prep/Plant Phase:

Before you go in to prep/plant wait until the corn is well over your head. The reason for this is you can't be easily discovered. Another is that farmers will spray herbicides after a few weeks (when the corn is knee -chest high).

If the corn is too tall for a tractor to drive through then the farmer cannot spray obviously so wait until you are positive that a tractor cannot drive though.

Preparing the grow site:

Okay so you got your buddy to drop you off a way from your site. You've made your way over to your marker and you've walked your forty-some-odd rows. Now what?

Start ripping up corn. Take note of where the sun is (during the previous day if you're working at night). You want to rip out enough corn to give your cannabis good sun. Your plants will need 5 hours of direct sunlight a day for optimal growth. It may seem like you are ripping out a lot but you will need to do quite a few to get the coverage you need.

NOTE ON RIPPING OUT CORN: It is easier to grab it and pull straight up...this gets most of the roots out otherwise you're going to have to dig out the root balls and that's a bitch.

You've got enough corn ripped out to get the sun exposure you want. Now go tip over the next 1 or 2 layers. Some of these may prop back up some might not but just bend them over to get more sun and to soften/blur the hole you just made.

You've cleared and turned over the soil. Now it's time to plant.

The Plant:

Plant your honeys at least three feet apart. Most of this part is dependent on your surroundings to plant accordingly. Just make sure they have room and they'll get the proper sun.

Give each plant 1 gallon of water.

DO NOT LEAVE ANY TRASH BEHIND. Clear all your tools. Grab all your gear and head on out.

If you used female clones or feminzed seed for your startlings you wont be coming back until harvest time.

The Harvest:

Get a friend with room in his vehicle to drop you off. This is run-and-gun. You want to get in with your saw/clippers and trashbags and get the fuck out ASAP.

Find your patch and clip the plants at the base if possible. SHOVE THE WHOLE PLANT INTO A GARBAGE BAG.

Repeat until you've gotten everything. Do not be afraid to be rough with the plants you will have time to baby them later. You want to make a few cuts as possible because fewer cuts equals less time in the field.

Haul your trashbags of free weed to your buddies car and load em up.

Congratulations you just got a fuck ton of free weed for a few hours worth of work. Sell/smoke at your leisure.

EDIT: I just realized I got really lazy towards the end. I will be editing this.

Comments

• FrYFrY Regular
    edited July 2010
    This is a smart guide, if followed right you coud really come out ahead, especially if you used clones.

Cornabis FTW.
  • Spence_tronSpence_tron Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    I've thought about this before, only problem I see is when they harvest the corn they just chop it all down, and late flowering strains would not be ready by corn harvest time.
  • edited July 2010
    I've thought about this before, only problem I see is when they harvest the corn they just chop it all down, and late flowering strains would not be ready by corn harvest time.

Just use early flowering sativas. The yield may not be so great, but you can get in and out before the come around early-mid October. Nice idea OP though I'm too pussy/immobile to try.
  • Spence_tronSpence_tron Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    You mean indica's? They're the ones with the 7-9 week flowering time. Sativa's are the ones with 10-14 week flowering times, yikes!.

This plan could also be very feasible with autoflowering strains, as they finish about a month earlier.
  • ZosZos New Arrival
    edited July 2010
    stock corn, (or seed corn?) either way, they just let the shit drop in the fields and don't come through until very very late in the year.

Think about all the cornfield mazes you see for halloween
  • edited July 2010
    You mean indica's? They're the ones with the 7-9 week flowering time. Sativa's are the ones with 10-14 week flowering times, yikes!.

This plan could also be very feasible with autoflowering strains, as they finish about a month earlier.

I guess SWIM grew an anomaly or something. (S)he had a plant with a sativa like phenotype and by late (like the 22nd) September it was ready to go. All the trichomes were cloudy white and some turning amber when it was killed.
  • WraithWraith Semo-Regulars
    edited July 2010
    Note that when you're out anywhere in the country and don't want to draw attention to yourself, it's better if you're in a truck. It sounds dumb, but no one out in the country besides the owners of the land themselves would be suspicious at all about a truck driving on private land. Farmers often leave trucks/machinery out in fields overnights, so even being parked by a field at 2 in the morning wouldn't really mean anything to a passerby.

Also obviously you keep an eye out for farmers or hunters. I know families who have 3 or 4 people out in various parts of their fields at all times of the day, so if you're not careful someone might stumble across you if you're remotely near their house.
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited July 2010
    I think most farmers wouldent minnd seeing some herb grow, shit can you even farm when not stoned.
  • edited July 2010
    FrY wrote: »
    I think most farmers wouldent minnd seeing some herb grow, shit can you even farm when not stoned.

Well, if it were my land I'd definitely care if someone were growing weed on it. If cops find that weed, who do they come around asking about it? You? No, the landowner.
  • edited July 2010
    Well, if it were my land I'd definitely care if someone were growing weed on it. If cops find that weed, who do they come around asking about it? You? No, the landowner.

This. Even if the landowner is unassociated with the crime, he/she is still liable.
  • Dose MeDose Me Regular
    edited July 2010

I'm sure they would care.

Agricultural Crop Destruction is not a crime people take likely...you are essentially destroying food supply when you do this.

But the amount of corn sacrificed is nill seeing as there is so fucking much.

And of course the farmer will care but they will not approach the farmer with blame. The thing with outdoor crops is it is very hard to pin it on a specific person unless they were caught there in the act.

Even if you as the farmer got caught actually at the pot patch you could just say you noticed a hole and suspected someone had vandalized your crop.

There's no proof that you planted it.
  • abrnabrn Abrn
    edited September 2011
    I always worry about doing shit like this in case they start stakin that shit out or put in a camera around harvest time and swat your ass when you go to get it
  • edited September 2011
    Dose Me wrote: »
    Agricultural Crop Destruction is not a crime people take likely...you are essentially destroying food supply when you do this.

Doesn't the federal government pay farmers not to grow crops so that they can keep the prices high enough for other farmers to make a living?