An Update on My Life

DfgDfg Admin
edited July 2013 in Life
It has been more than a month since I stopped cycling; I guess it's close to two months. I stopped cycling in June when I had my semester papers, since I was pressed for time I opted for the car as much as possible or local transport. And then my cycle tubes were being bitchy. But things went downhill when vacations started.I was hyped up, I thought this would be awesome but a week later Ramadan came along and I was fucked for good. You can't workout in Ramadan & it's was hot back then and when the sky cleared and it began raining, I was well into Mid-July.

It became apparent I wouldn't get a chance to ride my beloved bicycle again but each day I was hoping that I would get a chance and then finally on Friday 19th when the rainy season was well under way I decided to get a dental test. It was possibly ill-timed because I was due to leave & the results we're in my favor. On my lower left Jaw, the wisdom tooth was matured horizontally and was impacting my moral & the rest of the teeth. And it had created a cavity as well.
I wasn't positive about removing it but considering the implications I had no choice. So, I strapped myself for an extraction. It was painful, my GODS it was painful as fuck. It didn't help that my Wisdom tooth was gigantic. I am not even kidding, it was one of the biggest tooth in my jaw and it was totally horizontal and wrapped in flesh.

The Doctor operated on me and everything went well. Those 24 hours were brutal, I couldn't eat and I craved for chicken so bad that it was just UNFAIR. To make matters worse my stomach was upset as well. In three days I went from eating food to simply living on liquids, I was on heavy medication but everything went well. It hurt like hell but I could see the end until, on Wednesday 24th just two days short of my full recover I was jolted with immense pain.
It was my damaged moral. The pain was intense, I literally cried out. I was getting any sleep any way; add the extra work load and pain life was just shit. I went to Doctor and told her things weren't working out.

She cleaned up the moral, added some medicine on the Cavity and gave me new pain killers. The pain went away, for a minute I was happy. I thought just maybe things could finally work out. I popped the pills and started working. As soon as the pills took effect I became extremely drowsy. I am not well tuned to pill, I actually hate taking pills and I researched every pill before taking them. With 600mg of pure knockout power I was gone. I woke up at 4 am with the same pain AGAIN. But this time it was less but it was there and my head hurt like hell, I couldn't walk straight and I just dazed. I thought that the pain would go away but it didn't it was just there laughing at me. The painkillers didn't work. The source of the pain was the nerve tissue and gum tissues. And the painkiller just wasn't working on it. I went to the Doctor in the morning; she checked and decided that I should get a patch up. Keep in mind I was due for travelling hence I was backing away from root Canal.

On Thursday 25th, she drilling my tooth, added the medicine and used Zinc filling. It's supposed to stand up for at least a month. I was happy because I could see the pain was gone. Until the damn night, exactly at 4 am the pain shot up, I was taking different pain killers but the pain was there. She told me it would be gone completely. Admittedly I should have given it time but I didn’t have time.So, on Friday (26th), I went to get my stiches removed, I waited for two hours for it, I told her that we should do root canal since I have till Aug 1st and if we fast track things we could finish this up. She agreed and I got the appointment at 8 pm that day.

Fast forward to root canal session 1. Before this I have been through hell, my jaw was already in pain thanks to the multiple operations and I was well tuned to what was going to happen. But my GODS I didn’t know they would poke pins into the damn tooth. Before this I carefully researched between a Tooth Extraction and Root Canal. In the end, I was worried about the Jaw and spacing issues. She drilled the whole AGAIN to remove the filling, it wasn’t fun. And then she cleaned it up and started cleaning out the Canals. The first two weren’t that bad, I was numb but I could sense what was going on. My Sister or in short my family couldn’t handle it so I was alone from the get go. They’re squeamish when it comes to gore & blood. I am not.

She drilled the canals until she hit the third one. The pain was awesome… I mean thank fuck I was clasping the chair like a monkey clinging to a tree. The grip was painful but I had to do it, the Doctor even joked about it. Without that grip I could have jolted which would have resulted in more pain or worse an injury. She kept asking if that hurt and I kept saying yes but thankfully I didn’t pussy out. I didn’t scream or shout but yeah it did hurt more than it should. Like I said my jaw was in poor state and thanks to the meds and little or no rest I was just used up.

With everything done, she patched me and told me to eat whatever I was to eat and I was happy until, the numbness went away. I was intelligent enough to eat whatever I could before the operation and when I was numb I just chewed everything because I had a feeling this would be last meal I would eat. And I was fucking right. When the numbness went away, the pain came in but it wasn’t consistent. It only happened when I touched my damaged moral. So always long as it wasn’t touched everything would be fine. I was careful not to bother it and I was quite confident about chewing lite food until I tried it. Imagine this, you’re on a table and you see this soft tasty food in front of you. You pick it up & carefully take small bite and then slowly chew it and BANG MOTHERFUCKING BANG. I could have cried because it felt like someone just hammered a fucking nail right into my jaw. And it jolted my whole body.

So from that point onwards, whenever I ate something I would get one or two fucking jolts. I took pain killers and the jolts dimmed but they were still there. Fast forward today, I have been feeling a little better, the jaw is starting to recover yet I am drowsy and weak due to all this fuckery. I think it’s due to excessive blood loss & low diet. I honestly lost weight which is awesome but as I said it did make me weak.
My focus shifts, it’s hard to be positive but life goes on. I went to bed for an hour nap, woke up after 6 hours drenched in sweat. It’s hot here, it seems my body was just too exhausted but then I drank water, lots of it. Tried to work but then went back to sleep since it’s Ramadan and everyone would be up in 2 hours anyway.

My mum woke me up, I ate food, got the damn jolt. Drank tea which I haven’t tasted since Friday 19TH! And came back to work, I checked my feeds and read about Bolt and his sprinting ability, I watched Animatrix World Record short and that guy just inspired me. He ran and tore his muscles yet he was free and I looked at myself and said FUCK THIS SHIT!

I was weak but I drank water, got my mp3 player, wore joggers without socks, got my cycle pump and prepped the cycle and drove up and down as fast as I could, my lungs where burning, I was sweating but I didn’t give in. I said I have to do this, I need to do. So I drove, I ran, I flexed and my GODS it was great, I finally gave in because I thought I was going to either faint or puke and I climbed a steep slope as well.
And I did this just an hour ago, I came back all drenched in sweat, my heavy breathing and a smile on my face because I did it. I finally drove my bicycle and even though I have two more operations to look forward to and a long flight, I am still capable of being the old me.

So, yeah if I could do this, you could too. Never give up on your dreams, you’re human, you’re awesome. GET UP AND DO IT.

Comments