BTC vs LTC vs Primecoin, Which one should you go for?

DfgDfg Admin
edited December 2013 in Life
BTC is expensive and fuck and you can't possibly mine them with your current system.
LTC are the new kid and you can mine them, they're less expensive than BTC.
Primecoins are the new child and they're cheap and you can mine them.

However, BTC/LTC can be mined using GPU, primcoins use your CPU.

The problem for me is, NVIDIA, I have a 760 GTX SC, kickass in workload but it sucks when it comes to mining. So, BTC/LTC are out of question, however since Primecoins only use CPU, I have 2600K Oc'ed, my chances are better.

I am currently working on things but you should Google things up, I met someone awesome on Steam and he uses BTC for everything.

I will ask him to talk about it on Totseans or interview him and I will most likely add notes about what you can and cannot do. I am no expert but I learn fast.

In short, it's high time for everyone to jump and pickup the new coins while you can.

Comments

• DaktologistDaktologist Global Moderator
    edited December 2013
    Dfg wrote: »
    B
    I will ask him to talk about it on Totseans or interview him and I will most likely add notes about what you can and cannot do. I am no expert but I learn fast.

This I am interested in
  • IcelusIcelus Semo-Regulars
    edited December 2013
    Both BTC and LTC are widely accepted coins that I've known about for some time. I have never heard of Primecoin but seeing as there are loads of new coins flooding the exchanges I doubt that Primecoin will hold up long enough to be profitable. If any of you are looking to invest, wait awhile and see what happens with Primecoin. In the mean time LTC is ripe for the picking and is likely to spike in value again.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited December 2013
    The think is LTC is a safe bet but you're already behind it. If you buy it others will profit and you may or may not succeed. With primecoin it's a CPU only currency which means it's much harder to mine and take a lot more effort. My idea is not to invest in terms of money but just processing power for the time being. I am mining PTC and XPM at the same time.