Famous Redditor Unidan Gets Axed by Shadowban for Vote Manipulation

Well, you most probably don't know who Unidan is, which is good. Unidan is some Biologist who is famous on Reddit and a following of circlejerkers. He quotes scientific data and is suspected for favoring projects and sending traffic to different campaigns for money. Basically he is famous and can make Reddit his bitch.

Until know, his recent comments exposed his vote manipulation act, he used up to 5 accounts and voted himself up and others down in order to get the effect going, he did it not one time, but apparently all the time. This and blatant spam got him flagged by the subreddit bot, Admins stepped in, boom, his account was gone.

/r/conspiracy is all over it. I must say this is actually great, I always bitched about Reddit favoring people but this single ban just shows that they can axe your account, Unidan did earn tons for Reddit via Reddit Gold but atleast Admins have a backbone and don't mind doing the right thing. Reminds me of Zoklet and other communities, if someone in that community did that shit, chances are he would get away with it.

This could apply to Totseans as well but thankfully we're beyond that point. So yeah that's pretty much it.

Comments

• SlartibartfastSlartibartfast Global Moderator -__-
    Internet drama's man. What a waste of effort. This bukowski poem seems relevent:

16-bit Intel 8088 chip
    with an Apple Macintosh
    you can't run Radio Shack programs
    in its disc drive.
    nor can a Commodore 64
    drive read a file
    you have created on an
    IBM Personal Computer.
    both Kaypro and Osborne computers use
    the CP/M operating system
    but can't read each other's
    handwriting