lock picking beginners lesson

edited January 2017 in Not in MY Forum
You will need a pick and a tension wrench.
Art is of the inside of the unlocked lock

The idea of the tension wrench is to keep enough spin tension on the barrel/keyhole that the pins don't drop back down as you rake your pick across it.

To much tension and the pins will just lock in the position they are currently in and will be unable to unlock until you release some tension.

Now what does it mean to rake ?
It is one of the easier pick methods.
when you out the pick all the way into the lock and rake back on the pins like you are rakeing leaf upside down.

Now keep practicing. Practice makes perfect in this art.

Practice on padlocks before moving up to door locks.

More lessons to come...
Feel free to ask questions.

Comments

• I just use hammer it works sometimes :(
  • bornkillerbornkiller Administrator In your girlfriends snatch
    I tried it a couple of times and managed a success rate of roughly 1 out of 5, that's after a bit of practice, and with a budget padlock. ........ My final evaluation .......... I suck @ it.
  • Dfg wrote: »
    I just use hammer it works sometimes :(

Problem is using a hammer can be noisy if trying to be quiet

It also is a lot harder to hide than a pick and tension wrench/bar

Also if you do not wish to damage the lock your shit outta luck with the hammer.
    bornkiller wrote: »
    I tried it a couple of times and managed a success rate of roughly 1 out of 5, that's after a bit of practice, and with a budget padlock. ........ My final evaluation .......... I suck @ it.

Haha I will teach you a easy trick with budget locks.

Shove your pick in nice and deep until you hit the end and still with some force wiggle it around the lock should pop open strait away.

trust me man at least you got one out of 5.

I know I few professionals that when first started got maybe 1 out of ten.

Now they can pick a door lock in less than 30 seconds.

Just practice practice practice.
    While your watching tv anything.

What sort of picks do you have?
    How long have you been practising roughly?

• hello im juz new here...
    do you guys know how to open a combination safe with juz using a stethoscope? its a cool trick that i wanna learn. :)
  • Once I saw a guy opening a padlock with two wrenches (here in Brazil it is called that) he puts the end of each one of them inside the padlock and support in them a force to open the padlock in its natural course (this breaks the tooth inside the padlock, it probably will not work after that)
    https://http2.mlstatic.com/chave-fixa-boca-boca-18-x-19-mm-excellent-eda-kit-com-10-pc-D_NQ_NP_419511-MLB20587314090_022016-F.jpg
  • max_californiamax_california PIC Facilitator
    Combination Safe is two to the right, first time all the way around the dial, then short one to the left
    Stethoscope listen for the tumblers to roll