Words you hate!

KowKow Acolyte
edited July 2010 in Life
I always run into words that people just can't stand. Take the word "moist" for instance. Merely saying it causes some people to cringe, like you're scraping a chalkboard with rusty nails.

What are your guys' most despised words? It can be 'cause you hate the way it sounds or what it means.

Personally, inflammable is up there. To quote Dr Nick, INflammable means flammable? What a country! You'd think that the in would be the opposite, but apparently not. It's those back assward words that just make no sense that get on my nerves.

Comments

• DailyDaily Regular
    edited July 2010
    I've always hated the sound of the word "belt". In fact, I hate the sound of words that begin with the letter b in general. B is such an ugly letter. It reminds me of laziness, gluttony, and general unhealthiness. It also makes your face look stupid when you say words that begin with the letter b.
  • fanglekaifanglekai Regular
    edited July 2010
    buttsecks?

Inflammable, in flames. Makes sense to me. Flammable was a word that got made up so dumb people wouldn't think inflammable meant unable to be burnt.
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited July 2010
    I don't exactly hate them, but I don't like to use words with more than two syllables. They take too much effort to speak, and too much effort to write. Many long words have a shorter equiavlent. If you've noticed, only a couple words in this post have more than two syllables, 'syllable' being one of them :mad:
  • vOmitreevOmitree Acolyte
    edited July 2010
    "Poopy." "Shitty" works just fine and is less offensive to mine ears.
  • Big baby jesusBig baby jesus Regular
    edited July 2010
    وحدهم المتمردون يصنعون التغيير

actually it's a pretty killer phrase. I don't think I dislike any words tho, I'd rather have more words than less.