How do you clean your bong?

Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
edited August 2010 in Man Cave
alright so me and my roommates all chipped in for a cheap bong. we are slowly growing our glass collection. when we bought the bong we were given a free bottle of this formula420 cleaner. it works really well but it comes in a 12 fl oz container and its not the cheapest. any diy methods that work well when it comes to cleaning bongs?

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol will dissolve most resin buildups, for anything tougher you can use rocksalt or regular salt as an abrasive.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    I use metho (methylated spirits) and sugar.
  • Rumple ForeskinRumple Foreskin Regular
    edited August 2010
    awesome thanks guys
  • TLVTLV Regular
    edited August 2010
    My friend just uses his dishwasher.
  • mr.bluntmr.blunt Regular
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, Iso alcohol and salt, not even rock salt, works like magic. Cheap as hell, too.
  • edited August 2010
    TLV wrote: »
    My friend just uses his dishwasher.

I'd do this, but I wouldn't want to waste the resin.

I'd use alcohol to dissolve it, then dry that shit up and smoke it.
  • 13371337 Regular
    edited August 2010
    Small pieces go into a zipper bag with 91% IPA and a tablespoon or so of salt. Seal the bag and shake the bag to clean your piece.

For a whole bong you just fill it up and shake it. Does your bong have any hard to clean areas like dome percs or tree percs?
  • ObbeObbe Regular
    edited August 2010
    I run hot water through it to warm it up and soften the resin. Then I pour in some kosher salt and a small amount of iso. I shake the fuck out of it, then dump the nasty shit out and rinse it out well.

Always makes it look brand new, except for the water spots from drying.