Rise Against

PigPig Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
There's a lot of reasons to criticize RA, because a majority of their songs have the same structure, chord progressions, etc. Regardless, I can't help but listening to them. They're just fucking catchy, and the newest album (Appeal to Reason) took a little while to grow on me, but lately it's all I've been listening to.

Rise Against: yay or nay?

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Hmm... They used to be pretty cool. I liked their old stuff, and I've seen them 3 times now. Newest album kinda annoys me, his voice changed IMO. And they still use the same chord structures, etc.
  • Icee WeinerIcee Weiner Regular
    edited August 2010
    I really like them although I haven't listened to them too much. I give them a yay.
  • MegalodonMegalodon Regular
    edited August 2010
    sounds like a shitty version of this

• PigPig Regular
    edited August 2010
    Megalodon wrote: »

[Bathory]

I really don't see the relationship, at all. Collapse (Post-Amerika) sounds more like a Bad Religion song than anything.
  • FONFON Regular
    edited August 2010
    Megalodon wrote: »

Fuck yes Bathory :D

I need to catch up on my Quorthon listening....
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited August 2010
    They are classic.
  • MegalodonMegalodon Regular
    edited August 2010
    Pig wrote: »
    I really don't see the relationship, at all. Collapse (Post-Amerika) sounds more like a Bad Religion song than anything.

the lyrics in good bathory songs are about vikings rising against the brutal christian invasion.

now a sad song :(

lyrics in this song are much more hardcore than lyrics in op

http://www.darklyrics.com/lyrics/bathory/hammerheart.html#7

describes viking towns and life

BRUTAL LIFE
  • RolfRolf Regular
    edited August 2010
    Rolf can't stand Rise Against, but probably because the Cimmerian-like greatness of Rolf the Barbarian is too manly for the whiny animal-kissing tree-loving pinko communist quantities of "lame" found in their music.