I remember the first time I trolled somone...

MorningsideMorningside Regular
edited August 2010 in Spurious Generalities
It was in an AOL chat room. I was about 11. I was claiming to be Marilyn Manson, and someone wanted to interview me for a school project. They asked what it was like being related to charlie... I don't remember what I said next but I know it was retarded.

I didn't even know what trolling was then, and I think that maybe it was me being trolled the whole time...

Comments

• MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    When I played Neopets as a kid, I told this guy that if he gave me all his Neopoints, I would give him a code for unlimited Rods of Supernova. He fell for it.

Wasn't as much trolling as it was a scam, but it was the first time I made anyone cry over the internet :D
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    I trolled so many people over the years, I can't rememeber the first time. :( I do enjoy trolling IRL and rarely troll people on the Internet.
  • MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited August 2010
    I never played neopets, so I dont know what a supernova bar is, but good job I guess.

another of my early trollings was going into christian chats, claiming that my pet snake died, asking if it was in heaven, and then getting upset when they said no. :hai:
  • MorningsideMorningside Regular
    edited August 2010
    Dfg wrote: »
    I trolled so many people over the years, I can't rememeber the first time. :( I do enjoy trolling IRL and rarely troll people on the Internet.

IRL trolling can be physically painful. :(
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    Dfg wrote: »

ORLY? So are you telling us that this site isn't just your little way of getting all our IP addresses and personal info? ;)
  • Fetus-SmasherFetus-Smasher Regular
    edited August 2010
    Aol, that brings me back. When I was 14 or so I pretended to be a girl in chat rooms spreading my link to my nude pics. Got paid 25cents per click, made $50 bucks then never did it again.
  • LSA KingLSA King Regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh man, AOL chat rooms. Those were the days. I was mainly a Yahoo Chat boy though, it's where I found my first e-love and had my first e-breakup and NEVER AGAIN.
  • blindbatblindbat Regular
    edited August 2010
    Lol i remember i was little like 10 or sumthing and i'd get on the Aol chat room and use aim punter and aim booter and macro a picture of cartman and kick people out.
  • DysgraphiaDysgraphia Locked
    edited August 2010
    I never played neopets, so I dont know what a supernova bar is, but good job I guess.

another of my early trollings was going into christian chats, claiming that my pet snake died, asking if it was in heaven, and then getting upset when they said no. :hai:

Aha!

I must've been 8 or something.

Anyways I kept trolling this girl on the neopets forums telling her I was some famous artist [forgot, must've been some popular fag]. Anyways I scammed her a robo bori and she fell for it. I was reported and they banned my account or 'disabled' it.
  • FrYFrY Regular
    edited August 2010
    ITT:Neopets trollin meme.
  • PigPig Regular
    edited August 2010
    I remember I scammed a kid out of his Runescape account, by telling him I would give him full Rune if he gave me his account info. Fucker never had it coming.
  • edited August 2010
    I trolled my mom when I was like 3. I kept saying 'why?'
  • PeoplePeople Acolyte
    edited August 2010
    I trolled my mom when I was like 3. I kept saying 'why?'

because EVERYTHING IS!!! nothing cannot be because it isn't!!!
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited August 2010
    The closest to trolling I ever did was generally saying I'm a year older than I really was in chat rooms because "01d3r c41c$ ru73!!!oneoneone"
  • StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited August 2010
    I used to pretend to be a girl in MUDDS to get ahead in the game quick and get free stuff. A couple of my friends played these games and I shared the wealth so they never ratted me out.
  • DfgDfg Admin
    edited August 2010
    IRL trolling can be physically painful. :(

Yeah but if you're trolling Police and other and know what you're doing, then it can be fun. I trolled the police into thinking I was a reporter
    Mayberry wrote: »
    ORLY? So are you telling us that this site isn't just your little way of getting all our IP addresses and personal info? ;)

Personal information is something that I am quite serious about. Also, I avoid trolling Totse or any place that I have a long-term committment with.
  • edited August 2010
    Trolling IRL is a lot of fun, especially to people who take you so seriously it actually hurts you a little inside.

Can't remember my first troll. I remember when I first came to the internet, I was so retarded that people actually thought I was trolling all the time.
  • PopePope Regular
    edited August 2010
    trx100 wrote: »
    I remember when I first came to the internet, I was so retarded that people actually thought I was trolling all the time.

this, my real questions were better trolls than my attempts
  • HTS-NoobHTS-Noob Regular
    edited August 2010
    because "01d3r c41c$ ru73!!!oneoneone"

older caics rule? Despite rule looking more like rute...

Wait... older calcs..? That still makes no fucking sense.

What the fuck. Explain yourself, mongoloid. :mad:
  • HelladamnleetHelladamnleet Banned
    edited August 2010
    hts-noob wrote: »

Wait... Older calcs..? That still makes no fucking sense.

¡ µ§€þ 70 7|20££ @¡|\/| ç|-|@7 ߥ §@¥¡|\|9 ¡ \/\/ 0£þ€|2 7|-|@|\| ¡ |2€@££¥ \/\/ ߀ç@µ§€ 0£þ€|2 \/\/0|\/|€|\| |20ç|<
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    HTS-Noob wrote: »

Wait... older calcs..? That still makes no fucking sense.

Thats what I read. I was like lolwut. But yeah I would have to say every single time I am on xbox live. Nothing specific comes to mind. Just always like trolling those fuckers. especially when there is a little tike playing and has no idea wtf is going down.
  • JackJack Regular
    edited August 2010
    I never did anything complex or awesome, just ran Yahoo chat booters. Only on people no one liked anyway so I was more of a hero than a troll.

Trivia Madness 4 lyf
    edited August 2010
    jarkof wrote: »
    especially when there is a little tike playing and has no idea wtf is going down.

Aww, I always tried to teach them. I remember when I was a little kid playing Starcraft/Diablo, and I <3'd having some experienced older player on my team who didn't give a fuck that I was a noob and wanted to help me get better. :3
  • edited August 2010
    The first account I ever made on a message board was to fuck around with the people on it who I thought were stupid. I think it was some GTA San Andreas forum.
  • edited August 2010
    Aww, I always tried to teach them. I remember when I was a little kid playing Starcraft/Diablo, and I <3'd having some experienced older player on my team who didn't give a fuck that I was a noob and wanted to help me get better. :3

I love finding a helpful person who actually cares about you playing the game well, its great to learn stuff. I sometimes find myself teaching people how to play certain games, or how to make things on Garrys Mod (even though I suck at it anyway).
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010

I prefer to mess with them. There reactions are priceless. But i am talking about counsel systems and being able to hear them. Playing halo or gears on live is different then playing starcraft or diablo. Its just hard not to troll them.
    edited August 2010
    jarkof wrote: »
    I prefer to mess with them. There reactions are priceless. But i am talking about counsel systems and being able to hear them. Playing halo or gears on live is different then playing starcraft or diablo. Its just hard not to troll them.

I used to have a 360. I helped anyone who asked for it. I'm a nice person I guess? :mad:

Obnoxious little 9 year old screaming 'OWNED NOOB' through the mic 'cause they stuck me though... those ones I don't mind fuckin' with.
  • jarkofjarkof Regular
    edited August 2010
    I used to have a 360. I helped anyone who asked for it. I'm a nice person I guess? :mad:

Obnoxious little 9 year old screaming 'OWNED NOOB' through the mic 'cause they stuck me though... those ones I don't mind fuckin' with.

Its hard to help people play on fps though. And yeah that is what I was talking about. The little little annoying ones that wont shot the fuck up.