Taking your LD-ing ability over 9000 - my idea

edited August 2010 in Life
I'm really into the whole lucid dreaming thing and everything else to do with the mind, but I'll be straight to the point. After watching Inception today, I got thinking...

There are some unbelievably gifted people that are able to 'create' and enter a lucid dream virtually at will. I like to think I have a pretty good grasp of dream 'science' and about 40% of my dreams are lucid... for a while at least. The moment I try taking control and focussing too hard they become very 'unstable' and fade away.

So... I want to take my mind and meditation-ability to such a level where I can W.I.L.D at will. How do I train my mind to do this? Well, there are many ways. But I believe I've found a brilliant way to 'program' my mind for LD-ing, which I'll get to later. I'm on a ton of anti-psychotic/mood stabilising/sleep medication which a) has the side effect of causing one to dream far more often than normal, and more importantly - far more *intensely*, and b) FORCES me to remain asleep and in the REM state, preventing me from being so easily awoken by those 'unstable' dreams.

Because these pills kick in quite suddenly, I can only fight the sedating effect for so long until I pass out anyway. This is the *ideal* time for just lying comfortably and focussing on the dream I want. Though there's certainly no guarentee that I'll be able to consiously hold my thoughts as I fall asleep. So, what else can I do to give my mind an extra boost and try and *force* it to put me into a nice, vivid dream?

Answer. Sexual frustration. Jack off until you feel you're getting ready to blow... and stop! Your mind is going to be extra stressed and active at having been denied release and will attempt to make up for it by planting you in a sexual dream. You should have a much higher chance of having a LD by doing this. Repeat the process for as long as it takes for you to be able to make the transition 'unaided'. You must remember though that you have to focus and visualise the enviroment/story/etc of the dream you want. Don't just think up some arbitrary place; make it somewhere special. We all have those dreams that leave us with a wierd, but very good feeling. You must *feel* the dream you want.

The ultimate aim of this is that once you've mastered the art of LD-ing, you then start practising to the point where you are able to recreate that dream-like, mystical sensation while fully awake! Imagine the possibilities of that kind of power? There's no scientific reason that one cannot master your mind to this point. As of tonight I'll be starting this experiment.

Comments

• StephenPBarrettStephenPBarrett Adviser
    edited August 2010
    I've tried this and several other sleep experiments and LD experiments. I want to see how it works for you. Subscribed.
  • DailyDaily Regular
    edited August 2010
    Ya, jacking off and stopping will heighten the chances of you having a sexual, although not necessarily lucid, dream. I've never tried any of the other stuff since about 75% of my dreams are lucid, but I am very intrigued to see the results.

Good luck!