Words rejected by the dictionar

DirtySanchezDirtySanchez Regular
edited August 2010 in Life
Millions of "non words" which failed to make the dictionary lie unused in a vault owned by the Oxford University Press.

DICTIONARY OF NON WORDS;

Accordionated – being able to drive and refold a road map at the same time
Asphinxiation – being sick to death of unanswerable puzzles or riddles
Blogish – a variety of English that uses a large number of initialisms, frequently used on blogs
Dringle – the watermark left on wood caused by a glass of liquid.
Dunandunate – the overuse of a word or phrase that has recently been added to your own vocabulary
Earworm – a catchy tune that frequently gets stuck in your head
Espacular – something especially spectacular
Freegan – someone who rejects consumerism, usually by eating discarded food
Fumb – your large toe
Furgle – to feel in a pocket or bag for a small object such as a coin or key

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/7926646/Secret-vault-of-words-rejected-by-the-Oxford-English-Dictionary-uncovered.html

Behold the dictionary of non words. Actually an article about them. This is a list of words rejected by the dictionary. Its interesting to look trough if you wanna kill sometime.

Comments

• McSkluvinMcSkluvin Regular
    edited August 2010
    After reading through all of these, I will probably be dunandunating these words quite a bit...
  • MayberryMayberry Regular
    edited August 2010
    The only words I knew in that list were 'earworm' and 'griefer.' There's a lot of new slang that I do not want to learn :p
  • skyclaw441skyclaw441 Regular
    edited August 2010
    Oh nice, I'm a total stealth-geek. :) No wonder so many of these were rejected from the dictionary, they're just portmanteaus or sound completely retarded. However, some of them look and sound quite nice like nudenda.